Mike L and other 2000/2001 Pro Crappie Owners

• Thread starter Michael Trepper [IMG]http://www.zjstech.net/~libra
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrepMan

Reaction score
Mike - I learned early in my 2005 Pro Crappie drivers seat does NOT seal well over the storage compartment underneath it. The passenger seat/livewell seems well sealed but due to the seat position on the drivers seat there is a decent gap on the right (when sitting) and rear. So after 5 years I came up with an idea - Just cut a sheet of aluminium to fit the total storage opening and screw it to the bottom of the seat and there you go!! Seems to work great, though I confess it's been in the mis 60's and sunny since I put it in so i've not had any rain to test it. What I did notice is the aluminium on the rear exposed section is SHARP (imagine that!!) So I just (after I took this picture and scraped my arm getting stuff out on the lake this weekeend) just but a small strip of weather stripping around the edge to make it safe and still keep it so that rain should stay out.

Trep
Driver%20Seat%20Seal.jpg

Trep I know its a little late but I used styrofoam and duct tape under the seat on the 88 txs17

Worked for me

BF

Bruce - how did you use the styrofoam? Just a square piece and where did you attach it to? Or was it a removable piece??

Tee - is the tubing to go around the edge of the aluminium? and the Pop Rivets??

Yeah....You can drill a small hole(rivet diam.) and a clearance hole on the bottom side for the rivet then when it's mashed flat by your arse it will seal(should:)

Trep....The leaky storage compartment is something I've wanted to fix for a long time but never got around to doing. That really a poor design by Tracker on the storage bin which should have a lip and drain molded right into it.

Thanks for the good ideas guys!...

With the boat in 'winterized storage' for now I can't get into it now to even look at it.

Michael let me know how you fix works as now I'll have no excuse for not doing mine. No more wet sandwiches & cookies on rainy days!

Latest posts

Back