Michigan Bass Season

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andrew Zuber

Reaction score
Here's what the DNR website has on the new catch and release season:

Catch and release fishing will be allowed from the last Saturday in April through the Friday before Memorial Day in the Lower Peninsula including the Great Lakes and connecting waters, from the last Saturday in April through the third Saturday in June in Lake St. Clair, and from May 15 through the Friday before Memorial Day on Upper Peninsula waters including the Great Lakes and connecting waters. The opening day for harvest on Lake St. Clair remains unchanged. The previous regulation allowing catch and release bass fishing beginning April 1 on six lakes in the Lower Peninsula has been dropped.

Had anyone heard about the last sentence? I didn't know they were 'dropping' the April 1 start on the old C&R lakes...interesting...

az

Give and take. If the DNR "gives" us an extended C&R season they had to "take" the April first opener on those 6 lakes. They probobly wanted to streamline the regulations, besides some years we're lucky to have open water at the end of April.:rolleyes:

Gene

It's a good start, but the Lk. St. Clair opener is still baffling. :wacko::wacko::wacko:

A season on bass? I have never heard of such a thing. I feel sorry for you guys being regulated that much. Here in Kansas, we only have a trout season but that is only because they are only stocked when the weather gets cold enough in January and February.

All the people I fish with catch and release all the time anyway. Have a good one, Chris F.

Chris.....you should see our trout and salmon reg's.....most people consult an attorney before they go and fish for 'em.

AND....this is the first year we are able to drop shot here for bass. :wacko:

Tox,

We were in Canadian waters last year.....it's legal there. :p

Season on bass? Drop shottin illegal?....heck in Louisiana we just banned dynamite about 3 years ago.

:lol:

Ken-

I keep 'hearing' the poop on drop-shotting, but there's nothing on the DNR site yet about it...

Getting pretty late for them not to have the new 'guide' out yet!

Our license fee's at work!

az

The Guides are already out....go pick one up.

It says we can Drop-Shot!!!

cool!

they didn't have it 'on-line' when i was surfing last week....

thanks man,

az

No problem.....won't this be nice this spring.....deep beds, 8-10 ft....pulling 'em up with a drop-shot!!! :D

What is baffling about Clair Ken?

It baffles me that the opener is 3 weeks later than the other 11,000 bodies of water in Michigan. :blink::wacko:

Beds in 8-10 foot of water??? That must be some really clear water. My tournament next weekend I'm hoping for some bedding fish, I've got a clear hole I found where I can see bottom in 12-16 inches.

Until last year I had basically never fished water deeper than 4-5 foot.

St Clair is a unique body of water. With the current it doesnt warm like the bays of the Great Lakes or inland water.

I have caught fish off beds as deep as 14 feet :)

Velcro....Mini is right....very clear.

On my home lake, I can often see down to 30 feet.

One of these days I'm going to make it up there for some of that incredible smallie fishing.

Until then, I'll just enjoy this year-round fishing:p

velco,

I am SOOOOOO looking forward to drop shotting in US waters this year! I am hooked on smallie fishing and the fellas up North's hosptality (not necessarily in that order)!!

Carlos.....didn't you get the memo???

We're gonna go wade some rivers this year and try and catch suckers.

NO WAY MAN!!! Not unless that sucka is Tox after too many J&C's HAHAHAHAHAHAH Or is that Mini HAHAHAHAHAHA

Easy Carlos....you are a civilian now.....dangerous still, but a civilian none the less.

Mini

BBBWWHAHHAAHAH Was not sure Mini:wub: read the posts

I am now going back into the shadows

Latest posts

Back