season in ontario is just around the corner

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lorenzo D

Reaction score
Getting the boat ready after the long winter storage is always an inticipated time of year. I ordered some new electronics that just came in, and need to be installed hopefully this weekend. I put a nice coat of wax on the boat for protection. If you store your boat like me the initial fire up is nessesary to burn of that coating of oil you hopefully put in the cylinders for protection. Funny thing that happened the first time I did that was I pulled the boat just out of the garage, hooked up the muffs and fired it up. Well if you've never heard and optimax run out of the water it's much louder. She turned over and a blast of white smoke came off the motor and engulfed my garage for quite some time. I just shook my head...lol I now close the garage door. Oh and my wife and young son were outside enjoying the day and the roar of the engine scared the crap out of them...lol If you've never checked your plugs now is a good time. Mine haven't been changed for a few years and look pretty fouled. I'm going to order some new ones that should last a number of years. A tip is to keep the old ones and put them back in at the end of the season so when you fired that motor up the following year the old plugs take all the fouling and not the new ones you just bought. I have oil hubs and I'm going to drain them and add new oil for the year. I tell you oil hubs are a breeze to service. No more packing the bearings with grease. I have a few more things to do to the boat. One is drop in a foot tray. I'll post some pics when I do the install. After that I'm ready to hit the water. I fish Lake erie a lot on the U.S. side of N.Y. It has an open season on smallies all year long. I'm just waiting for the ice to clear, and I'll be hanging them. Ok have a good season guys. Take care.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back