Meet Jake , our new family member

• Thread starter Sue DeLelys [IMG]http://www.zjstech.net/~library/1
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sue DeLelys

Reaction score
Just brought home an new member of the family, quite unexpectedly. A friend decided after a week and a half of ownership that he couldn't deal with his new puppy and was going to give him back to the breeder. We took a ride over and came back home with Jake, a 10 week old Springer Spaniel. We already have a German Shorthair and an English Setter, so now our house is very full. But after two days with him here, I wouldn't have it any other way.

Sue

Jake & Bone.JPG

What a beauty!! Got those Christmas ornaments up high on the tree? Enjoy your first Christmas together!!

Barb

Way to go Sue... Now he has a great home and will be a happy dog...I have two Goldens Retrievers and one Chocolate Lab and work with a Golden rescue group. The Chocolate and one Golden of mine were rescues that the owners decided they didn't want until they were older. It's much easier, on them and the new owner, when you can get them as puppies.

Bill

Great looking dog Sue. The German short hairs make great bird hunting dogs. ROB's going to be jealous, he'd like another one to go with Zeke his german short hair.

Better move those power cords for the computer!!LOL By the looks of that rawhide, he likes to chew (don't they all).

TOXIC

Awwwwwwww, how sweet! I love little pups. If you don't want him, I'll take him!

Sue,

i am sure you are familure with the springer breed. seeing as you have a short hair and a setter.

i had a springer that lived to be 15yrs old. that dog was as crazy at 15 as he was at 3yrs.

good luck and have fun with them.

GregD

Thanks all. Hubby has now decided that he doesn't have to do any shopping for me. With a face that cute, it's a gift that I'm happy to have.

Barb, Tree won't be up for another week and you bet the ornaments and lights will be out of reach!

Rich, You are welcome anytime to come play with Jake.And you are welcome even when he has outgrown the puppy stage.

Tox, He hasn't found the computer cords yet, mostly beacuse normally the Setter is under the desk when I am sitting there.

Mac, Too small for the former owner's kneecap. It's a chunk of rawhide that he took from the Shorthair. Jake already has big ones!

Teri, Sorry, out of luck there. He's not going anywhere. After 2 days, we are already very attached to him. LOL

Greg, Yes, I am. And having 2 pointers and one flusher is going to make for one very interesting season next year!

Sue

Nothing like the smell of a puppy. Do you know how the Springer recieved it's name "springer"?

fatrap

Way cool, Sue. Kathy and I have been kicking around the idea of a puppy for Nala (our 3 year old yellow lab). I definately would like a pointer (german shorthair or springer). Merry Christmas.

Craig

Cute puppy Sue, I had a Short Hair English Springer Spaniel many moons ago .They have a great spirit about them and the energy to match ! We lived on a lake and he was in the water every day.He got in to it with the neighbors Doberman one day . He was ok but the Doberman needed a visit to the vet and quit a few stitches.lol

Mark

Mark

My last dog was a Springer, he chewed on EVERYTHING! (except the chew toys and rawhide etc) Great dog though.

Gene

P.S. Thanks for the cord adapter, I'll install the charging plug assy. as soon as I get the nerve to drill a hole in mmmyy bbboattt. LOL

Way too cute!!! Wait until it goes after the Christmas wrapping. :)

I want a dog for Christmas, Charlie Brown!!

I'm jealous! The boss won't let me get another dog after our 15 yr. old died and we moved into a new house..........I'd rather have the dog!!!

Tom

Awww, he is adorable and looks like he will be a bundle of fun. Congrats!

Cass

Sue, who could resist that little guy, he's a nice lookin pup. We currently have a 7 yr old German Shorthair, thinks she's still a puppy, extremely well behaved, with kids, and knowing which furniture is ok or not to lay on, she's turned out to be a fantastic addition to our family, although I've never had a dog with her energy. When I take her for a walk, she walks ME until I'm beat, and still has the energy to keep going. She's our first experience with a GSP and I'm glad we took the chance on her when my daughters picked her out. Sounds like you have your hands full but I bet the new pup's gonna fit right in. Happy Holidays to you and family. egMike

Latest posts

Back