150 Optimax crapped out

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fatrap

Reaction score
After the usual boring six and a half hour pull to Pierre SD the first day on the water went well for four hours. A limit of keeper walleyes in the boat. Then the Opti blows another fuse. Then won't start after fuse is changed. Then trim switch won't work. Then no one comes to my aid as I drift down the Missouri (pronounced Misery) River. Finally get towed back to resort and pile it all back on the trailer and everything starts working again. Six main fuses in seven trips all while applying power and or trimming up.
Local Merc dealer is intrigued but doubts I want a 800 mile round trip for him to fix so he says go home, take it to my home dealer, not to trust it just because it's working now. Decide to take son who lives in Pierre for hike in the badlands. Ten minutes there he rolls his ankle and severely sprains it.
Very long six and a half hour trip home in the cold rain.
Boat is at Tracker awaiting the Tech. I'm checking my boat insurance to see if it covers fire. Problem is .....everything is too #&cking wet to burn.
fatrap :(
Oh some good news. The house Insurance is covering the TV,surround sound and chair and other items that was damaged to our family room a couple weeks ago when a pipe broke and soaked the room with about 300 gallons of water.

man, sounds like your luck is like my health, all CRAP - sorry about that but I'm kinda use to my crappy health now :(

Having poor health puts my problems into perspective. My boat problems are fixable and don't really effect the quailty of my life. I'm getting off easy compaired to some.

You both could use a beer.... At least accept my hope that tomorrow is a better day

So fatrap, what's the latest info on the motor???

Me, I'm going to Nashville VA for an evaluation for an artificial heart next week. But I think it'll be a couple months before I know anything definitive.

Tracker gutted the wiring found nothing 0n the boat pinched or having a sheet metal screw screwed into it. One of Tracker's favorite things to piss off owners. One trip to Pickstown SD and two days of fishing no blow fuses. They replaced the trim relays. My Nitro had a OMC and didn't have one problem in the 13 years I owned it other than the normal stuff. Been in Florida since Then and just got back yesterday and don't feel like going anywhere to try anything.
fatrap

Finally Fixed. After five weeks of it sitting in Tracker's lot in Council Bluffs I pulled it to Valley Marine in Valley Nebraska. The got it Monday Aug 11 about 14:00 Today at 14:45 I get a call. Fixed. Two days total. Wiring in Throttle was crammed together so hard they had to cut it out piece by piece and replace it. The VERY wires that Power Pro's were suppose to have already checked I believe twice. Five weeks of my time wasted! Go Figure!
fatrap

I think Tracker's headquarters ought to get a call and email outlining the SORRY CUSTOMER SERVICE

Latest posts

Back