May Get together in/at Kentucky Lake....

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Greg Meyer

Reaction score
Anybody interested in getting together in May of 2007 at Kentucky Lake (or a better place if there is one)... I want to avoid Mother's day weekend and anything else... So, I am open to all insults and complaints.... :p

I am sure I can get myself and a friend to go down and ply the waters! Where are you looking at, Paducah????

Randy!:rolleyes:

I would certainly make the trip again. I live closer now! Not race weekend (indy 500).

I haven't had the pleasure of meeting ya'll yet, but would look forward to coming North for some bassin'

Jim

I'm sure I'd could squeeze in for a day or two:cool:

haven't been there in 5 yeras now.....:wacko:

Neeley,

For mushrooms... I'll sleep with anybody....:wub:

But we have to share Amanda... :rolleyes:

Here's why we like the Kentucky Lake site...
crappie

To get the ball rolling, how about May 19&20, 2007 at the Moors Resort? The next weekend is also a possibility...

Preferences?

5 years ago my wife and I in April filled up a cooler with 14 to 16" slabs:p

I won't be able to look at dates until late Dec. or early Jan.

The best and easiest bass fishing is usually the last two weeks in April down around Paris/New Johnsonville which should equate to the last week of April and the first week of May up around the Dam.

Greg I am up for it, but why is that bass so funny colored? Ha ha!

Randy!

The last NTOWS Rally in 2004 at the Moors was APril 16 - 19th, and it snowed the weekend before and made it difficult for catching legal (15 inch or larger ) bass, but I managed one fish:

Treps%20BIGGIE.jpg

That's not a Bass... It's a special kind of Speckled Walleye that got stepped on in the boat by accident!

I can see it now.... In the year 2046 Trepper will still be posting "That Picture"... in r4esponse to any reference to the NTOWS at Kentucky Lake...

Greg - I'll do my best to make it that weekend, its the week after mother's day, so I should be able to do it, just gotta convince my wife to A) teach my 3rd grade Sunday School class, and B) start saving my pennies for the trip, since i'm already going to Canada in August next year!!

Trep, that would be great... King Tin has to defend his title even tough he has gone over to the Glass Side...LOL

Then when I slam you all again and win a 2nd time, I can be called TwoPeat Trepper!!!

Oh it's "that picture" again! I wonder if my Land Shark is still there??? :D

Teri,

Trepper has the stone masons working on his thrity story monument now... Can't yoiu see it... Rising over the entire cemetary thrity stories high... a marble statue of trepper and that d@mn fish... The only thing is... it will have to have support wires like a radio tower... even to scale at thirty stories... those legs won't hold anything up...:p

I just knew that picture would show up.:huh: I believe I named that skinny guy "King Tin" and he turned on me like a rabid dog and went glass. Now we need the picture of him in his culottes.:p The 19th and 20th of May sounds good to me. I might not be able to drive a boat so I'll have to beg to be a rear seater with someone.

I want to know just who that real old guy with crappie is? :p

Geeeezzzzz, I'm sitting here getting excited about a rally on Kentucky Lake.:wub:

I needed that pick me up also.. We buried my brother in law today and it was a beautiful service. My Sister and him are members of the Methodist Church and they welcomed everyone back from the cemetery for a nice sit down lunch. All I can say is those Methodist women really know how to lay out the food. :eek: My sister had informed the other women to expect about fifty people. When she told me that I had to tell her that Sonny, her husband, knew everyone within a twenty five mile radius. So she called the church and upped the amount of people. Good thing to... The room seats 200 and everyone couldn't get in.:)

That made her very happy. He had been a volunteer firefighter for a LOT of years and when the funeral procession passed by the fire hall the sign outside said "Goodbye Sonny, We Miss You Already".. Wasn't that nice? Anyway, it was real nice and after four days of this I'm about drained. My Sister told me to say thank you to all of you again so, Thank You..

Uncle Billy

Uncle Billy, If I can swing that new Bullett by then you are more than Welcome to fly co-pilot with me and keep me awake on the drive out and back if you wish........

BF

Count me in Greg . I ready by then to do some serious fishing . Something I haven't been able to do in a couple of years. Not sure if I'll have a differant boat by then or not .

Either way I'm up for the road trip !

Mark:cool:

Uncle Billy - You are welcome to ride and drive in Rapid-Splash (what Noah named my Nitro) as if I go Dan will probably go too and bring his 640lx. I don't think there will be a shortage of folks willing to take ya!

Geeze I post that picture for the first time in MONTHS and get a beating for it! That's why you folks are like family!!

Uncle Bill, sorry to hear about your brother in law. I must have missed that post. I only get to a few here and there. Keep your chin up! If I don't drag someone along, you are welcome in my boat but......you'll have to turn your head when I hang it over. :p

Greg, if you need help with anything let me know. I don't have the time that Staci put into it but we could divide tasks. I would like to sort thru all the prize donations we had last time and sneak a few for myself. Ha!

Man, it sounds like this thing is starting to take off even though it's a long ways away!

Boy Bruce, I sure hope you can get that Bullit. That would be nice. You know, I'm not entirely worthless, I can drive some and I do pretty well too.:huh: Thanks Bruce.

Rapid-Splash huh Michael? Tell Noah great name!!! Thanks for your offer too. You know as far as Nancy and I are concerned, all of you guys are family to us..

Teri, yea he came home this past Saturday night, ate dinner, laid down on the couch, went to sleep and that was that. I've known hm for over fifty years so it's kinda hard. My big sister is doing pretty well but I don't believe her. She's got to let loose sometome soon.

Thanks very much for your offer too!! I ALWAYS turn my head..:rolleyes:

Uncle Billy

If you believe you will attend (no obligation involved) so I can keep a "head count" estimate and the number of rooms (2 double beds) and/or 1-2-3 bedroom cabinsyou would need, email me at [email protected]

Info on the resort and rooms and cabins is at www.moorsresort.com

P.S. Trepper... If I had a dollar for every time you posted that picture I could buy JR's boat.... :wacko:
http://www.moorsresort.com/

Greg....get us a cabin, 3 or 4 rooms....I might bring either Rhonda or my son.

And let's not have a "Bass Tournament".......let's just fun fish....I wanna get me some crappies!!!

Teri....don't worry, I'll bring PLENTY of prizes......I know Pedro's cousin's with all the sweet hook-ups!!! And wear them pretty under-drawers again!!!

Unca Billy.....I can't wait to meet you!!!

Trep.....bring some more home-brew!!!

Tee.....can't wait to meet you also......I'll show you where the smallies are on that lake!!!

Hey Greg - Go check the posts dude you'd be buying a 20 oz Coke with 9 cents due!! Its the picture I can't FIND that Bob G. took of me and the winning fish on the back of my Tracker i've been posting for 3 years!! My kids STILL tell their friends "My dad won big Fish and Total Weight in a tournament in KY with just ONE fish!!" LOL Nice that I actualy come through ONCE !! And i'm milking it for all its worth!!!! LOL

The only "Tournament" I plan to have us host would be a "kids" tournament...like I did before.... Every kid WILL get a trophy...

And, I'll hook us up with a cabin... Fishing for Crappie with a hangover is much easier than fishing for bass with one....

Let's GET IT ON!!!!!!! :cool:

I too would like to meet EVERYONE....even Macdaddy:lol: Although I know his schedule will probably prevent that......

Trep...If I make it, your title of "King Tin" will no longer be:p Or even better...Mrs. TEE will put the hurt on all of us most likely:lol:

You too Neely;)

Greg, sounds like a plan. :D

Trep, you bringing some more of your home brew?Looking forward to sitting down and drinking a few with ya again. I had a good time at the 2004 rally.have'nt seen "that picture" in awhile lol @ (teri)... i think it has been a few months. :D

Teri... like to get to know you alittle better...didnt get to talk to ya that much at the rally

Still like the Triton?

Neeley... hope everything is going well with the store. :)

Looking forward to seeing you all again and get to meet Greg, TEE and Uncle Billy.

Steve ><}}}}'>

I hope I can make it. If I do there is plenty of room open on my boat, but I don't know if I could stand to fish for them crappy's.:lol:

Count me in.....will be doing the camping thing again, straight across lake the lake from the Moors. (Pisgah Bay or Smith bay) Looking forward to seeing everybody again and meeting all new comers. Trep, bring some more of your famous home brew. I did not get to taste any last time. Greg, you made my day. I was hoping somebody would start this Ky Lake get together again.

marvin

Last time we did this, Staci structured it so there was a formal Crappie Tourney on Fri and the Bass Tourney on Sat, we could do that knowing the Crappie are biting, or could just do Fri for fun and Sat as a formal Rally with a launch, weighin and maybe small pot like $10 a person for weight and $5 for big fish?

What we REALY need is someone like Staci to grab the fish by the gills and coordinate and block rooms and such? Anyone up to the task??

Trep

Trep,

I have made contact with the resort and am coordinating dates and rooms right now... They will get back to me with availoability and rates sometime today.

The tournament issues can be decided by a committe which you are now chairing.... Pick your committee members.

I am going to ask Teri to take care of some part of the "program", she too has been to several of these.

And, then we need someone to work on the Saturday "dinner", etc...

Neely and I are in charge of overintoxication... backed up by Bruce Moore if he attends...LOL...

Anything else that people can think of please post so we can get handled

I will be providing tropies for every kid (0-18) who comes and "fishes"...

Any other awards needed let me know...

I'll have to fly by the seat of my pants so I can't dedicate myself right now but, there are litterally hundreds of places to stay there. There a few decent places I've stayed on Kentucky but, there's also some better prices on Barkley side....at least for us and all we look for is a place to rest out heads because we're never there anyway:p

Ohh so "Neely and I are in charge of overintoxication... backed up by Bruce Moore if he attends...LOL..." I guess i'll leave my cases of Home Brew at home this time!!! BBWWAAAA

I gotta tread lightly with the wife since i'm blowing $2k on Canada next Aug, but i'll do everything I can get get there!!

OK i'll take Tourney Director - Anyone want to join me on the "committee"?? I'm thinking basics like 2 years ago - Its a Rally/get together not a big bucks tourney. So $5 per person for big fish (optional) and if Mac Daddy can draw up a few signed/framed awards we could have 1st, 2nd and 3rd place in total weight as the "prizes" for weight? I know in years past we've had engraved trouphy/plaques but I have no clue on how to get someone to donate them and i am TERRIBLE at fund raising!!!

I usually spend the week of Memorial Day in upstate NY doing some trout fishing. I may have to reconsider.....

TJ

Does that mean Ken get's to come into the common room in the middle of the night (wearing a light blue nighty) to tell us to "Quite down"......LOL, just kidding, Ken, I am looking forward to hooking with you, Bob G, Steve R, and everybody again. Maybe you can give me some more fishing lessons as I do need the help. Thanks again Ken

I can get embroidery done for free. If and when we get closer to the date I can get everyone's shirt sizes I can get t-shirts done and we can all get one. Something like,

NTOWS Rally 2007

Moors Resort

Kentucky/Barkley Lakes

could be put on the left chest. I will only charge cost of the shirts, most likely less than $10. I will also, if possible, take orders that match the color of your boat if there is a shirt in that close of a color!

Just a thought!

Randy!:p

Randy - TOTALY SWEET!!

Marvin - I had to HURL when you mention Neeley and "nighty" in the same sentence!!

I second the lesson's from Neeley!!

Don't think I am wearing the nightie this year.....Poker game anyone??

would love to go but I think that driving 8 hours to fish KY Lake is silly when the best smallmouth fishing in the world is 15 minutes away.....May is the best time to be on Clair....

Mini

Even if you can room with me.....:wub:.....don't tell Mac.

Well thats another story......:)

Maybe we fish both in back to back weekends.....and you can still room with me!

you will all have to start without me 2500 miles is a little further than

i want to drive...

Trepper, IBM stock is down, they must know that you've been on the NTOWS all day

:D

Dave - RIGHT Says the left coast!!! :p

Now if we could just get the IBM Stock over say $130 i could make some $$!!

"Three Card Pisser" tournament Friday night. Rich needs to defend his title. ;)

Looks like a rally shaping up.:)

Steve

Mini, we could make a month of it and fish MI, IN, KY and TN. Then the wedding in June. :D

Hell, I'd marry him for a trip to catch some of those northern smallies.:huh:

One of these days I'll get to do it (the trip - not marrying Mini)

Teri,

Dontchaknow.... Before Mini can marry you... he has to get a "dee-vorse" from Mac.... :wub: Who was that that had them married?

OK for poker.....I don't know about that three card pisser game.

LOL @ Greg. I guess I aint got a shot against Mac.

Mini is not marriage material, but I do make a good date to a wedding.

Teri, we might be able to work that out.....

Mini

I would be up for it. The only thing I remember about the 04 rally was Trepper's fish and some green bottles. Put me down. I think I may bring the wife and kid for a road trip.

Donnie

Latest posts

Back