Marathon tire update..

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greg plunkett

Reaction score
Update from earlier post..

Well i have to say that changing out my trail america tires that didnt last 1000 miles to some new goodyer marathans was the best thing ever. I have a 2011 Z6 which has a single axle trailer. Since changing out the tires i have noticed ALOT less bounce in the trailer during haul also less swaying back and forth. the boat rides much much smoother. Maybe cause its a radial but i can say to anyone that changing out the crapy trail america tires is a great improvement...

I went from Trail America radials to Marathons and again for me the difference was night and day as well.

and to think the american made marathons were better :)

Are yours US made or China?

My Marathons are US made, i insisted on it when i bought them.

Maybe you have some older tires?

I was told that all current Marathons are China made but, could be wrong?

Tee,

I have had mine two years now and the date codes on them didnt show them as "old" when i got them. They still do make some in the US, they are just harder to find and your tire shop will have to be willing to put the effort in to get them.

China or US, not sure which mine are. But i can say that they are a heck of alot better than the "Trail AMERICA" that came on the trailer originaly.

Anything is better than those "junk" bias ply tires....terrible!

Since I heard all the negatives about the newer Marathons...I just switched to a different tire called a Tow King Powermax (I think that's right) and have about 1000 miles on so far and no probs yet.

Latest posts

Back