Man! My Triton REALLY flys!

• Thread starter Glenn DesOrmeaux
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TritonGlenn

Reaction score
This is a reminder to all the nuckleheads like me out there... keep your eyes facing forward when you drive!

I went prefish today for a tournament I have next week. The wind was up - a LOT. I took a pounding getting to my primary spot, but I drove slow and careful and got there safely. Big cross-ways rollers with a couple of suprises mixed in. Had a hard time keeping it between the channel markers at times because I was trying to avoid spearing waves at the same time. Made it to my spot without spearing any, but I did take quite a bit of spray across the bow and sides.

Anyway, I come out of the creek I'm fishing, and I'm checking my GPS / looking forward / checking GPS / looking forward, as I'm coming out of the creek into the Sound (very large portion of the Sound too). To my right, my eyes catch a glimse of a HUGE boat that just passed by. I probably should call this thing a yacht, because that is actually what it was. Wow! That thing is huge! I bet that thing throws one heck of a WAAAAAAAAKKKKKKKEEEEEEEE!!!!!!! (As my boat launches skyward!). :wacko::wacko::wacko: I hit three HUGE rollers that came from that yacht's wake. My entire boat came out of the water three times. The minute I hit the first one, I had the right mind to immediately pull her out of gear, which kept it from overreving (thankfully). My speed was such that I hit three in a row before my boat started slowing down. She got completely airborne twice, and partially airborne on the last one. Scared the bejesus out of me!

So... just wanted to give you all a friendly reminder - watch your surroundings, watch for other boats, glance at your GPS occasionally... but above all - WATCH WHERE YOU ARE HEADING!!!!! :)

Stay safe out there.

All the best,

Glenn

glad your safe... driving these sleds are serious business

Glad you made it through right-side up, we'll award your "Airborne Wings" at the next rally:wacko:

JP

oh by the way i speek from some experience, you may have seen this photo before, this is

my lower end after hitting some submerged rocks.. 50+, i now try to know what's under the water nowadays

i guess i qualify for the spinning like a top 'wings'????

DSCN0333.jpg

Alright JP, let's be careful in handing out Airborne Jump Wings.:p

Glenn, there are days here on my River that all I see are huge boats/yachts and it gets on my nerves. The constant rolling back and forth sucks so I usually look for a cove, or cut, or somewhere they can't get near..:p

Uncle Billy

I think we've all done it at one time or another!! Ask Scott Favors about us taking two privates out after the Wounded Soldiers Tournament. These guys helped with the set-up and tear-down of the event and we took them out for a little speed run on the Potomac. Wind was up and we were coming back to Columbia Island Marina. We were WOT (had all gear and rods stowed) and came out from under a bridge and there was the "Dandy" or whatever they call that dinner cruise barge. We each peeled off right and left, went under the bridge and I looked ofer at Gunny just as he hit the wake and LAUNCHED, he was a good 5 feet out of the water. I was laughing me rear off when I realized that those wakes come off both sides!! Just at that second, I LAUNCHED and did the same thing!! Luckily my 929 likes to come down in a good see-saw and rear first. I was off the throttle so no harm done. Now there was this time in Michigan where I shot her so straight up in the air, the internal kill switch engaged on my motor......we won't talk about that one. Holding on to the steering wheel to keep from falling ou the BACK of the boat is not fun either!!

TOXIC

You guys would die up here driving like that.... :)

Hey!!...It's Muscamoot Bay on a flat day!!! Bet the bed fishin' is AWESOME!!!:cool:

the bay is too shallow for that Mac, you know that.....but thats what the mile roads looked like yesterday eve....12 miles in that crap.

Glad you didn't hurt the Triton. I almost flipped mine once and my panties have never been the same. :wacko:

Latest posts

Back