Lunar eclipse...

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bob G.

Reaction score
Lunar eclipse is happening right now, look outside!!

Bob G.

Too cluody for me to see it here....they are an awesome sight!

Mini

THAT'S why I couldn't sleep!!!! LOL And my wife thought I was howling for nothing! Werewolf of Plattsburgh.....aaaaaaooooooooooooo!!!! LOL

Oh but CIII, I was on the lake last night!! One of those afternoon 1/2 day trips 4-8. Yep got nailed. Also busted the puck off of my TM mounted transducer getting into a honey hole I found. AWESOME!! No, I ain't tellin'. Kinda like Rob and his tires......oh, wait EVERYBODY knows where those are!!

Except Iaconelli...lol

You got a long way to go to catch him on the money list off those tires...

Mini

That was low mini, really low even for you! LOL Paybacks man....paybacks. NYers might forgive, but we NEVER forget!

HAHAh Tox,

See if you shared I would tell ya how to get a replacement puck for cheap :) I bashed mine on a barge in the river and had to replace it once already :)

So I guess you mailed em???

Carlos

Mailed as in postal?!?! LOL, I know you mean nailed Mr. fatfingers!! Yeah we did but the darndest thing is (Rob will relate to this) it was with clients who will never appreciate what I did for them. First off the "old grump" that booked the trip (I took him out last week also), slid another person in on me (4 on board counting me) and that's supposed to be more $$, but I let it slide. He said he wouldn't be happy unless he caught a 6 pounder (you know how e-a-s-y that is on Anna). Prefers I not light up a cigar and his son-in-law puffs Camels like they are going out of style. I bash the holy $hit out of my trolling motor and actually bust the puck off the TM to get into an area I think holds fish but is downright dangerous to get into. Here is the tally: 1-4, 1-4.5, 2-4+ lost because they wouldn't do what I told them to (he remarked he knew what he was doing), 7-2.5 to 3 pounders and one 3 pound pike (they wouldn't take a single fish off of the hook). Threw 25 feet up into the trees 3 times. Says he had an "ok" trip, tips me $25. If the entire trip amount had not been on the check I would of ripped it into little pieces right in front of him. Be advised, PO your guide and they can make you pay. Rain unleashed and I just pulled the rainsuit out of the back and kept fishin (I call the trip it's a reduced fee, they call the trip and it's full fare). He finally called it (I woulda called it if there was lightning) when his winbraker was dripping down the the crack of his arse, totally soaked, LOL. Soooooooooo, I run them at 60 mph in the driving rain across the lake (all the way from the North Anna river) in a down pour, I can't help it that I only have a single console, hehehehe. He then has the kohungies to give me his card and say that if I ever need a realtor, give him a call. That explained everything. I had to bite my lip to keep from bustin up!!

TOXIC

So how do I get a cheap puck??? Out with it....

Sweeeet, you handled him just fine. Revenge is sweet. I get those kinds all the time. Then you get these big tough guys that show up on a rainy day with no rain gear and will "tough" it. 2 hours in and they're shivering like a baby in a snow bank! That's when I break out the extra rain suit in my boat and ask "So.....tough guy, wanna a rainsuit now?" LOL

OK, I have to tell this story. I get this call once, when I first getting my biz off the ground. I would have taken left wing, California liberal democrats back then if they paid! LOL Anyway, I knew from the call that this guy was going to be trouble. It was just the one guy, (thank God, if he had buddies like him, I would have killed someone) but he shows up and proceeds to drop about 500 lbs of gear into my boat. He then informs be that he is tourney fisherman, and I really won't be able to teach him much that he doesn't already know. In FACT, he could probably show ME a few secrets!!! LOL Oh my gosh.... had to hang on after that one. So all he wants is "You show me an area where the fish are and I'll catch them. I just need to know this lake." So I immediately knew he was prefishing......scrap ALL good spots and take him immediately to a community hole. Early May, water was maybe 52 degrees and I come off plane. "Here?" he asks. "Yup" I said. So he proceeds to burn spinnerbaits and topwaters.....in 52 DEGREE WATER! LOL After an hour with no bites he looks at me and says, "I thought this was a good spot?" "It is" I replied. After another half hour of buzzbaits and other summer baits he looks at me and gets real nasty, "I'm PAYING you to put me on fish!"

"You ARE on fish" I toted back, I never looked up, reached in my rod locker (hadn't been fishing to that point) pulled out my grubbin rod and proceeded to make 5 casts and catch 3 smallies over 3 lbs each in less than 10 minutes. "So you ARE on fish, but since you know it ALL, you ought to be able to hammer these fish, right?" He finally crawled down off his high horse and apologized. I showed HIM a few things and he finally got on some fish. Man that first 3 lber, on the 2nd cast was sooooooo sweet. So don't EVER tick PO your guide, like Tox said, you WILL pay! LOL

And THAT my friend is why I didn't give up the EXACT location of my spot....Hockey game indeed!!

Rob it just bothers me that a real fisherman would have appreciated what I did, heck anybody that is half human would have realized that I went above and beyond for this guy. It has nothing to do with the $$ either. I get my enjoyment out of watching other people catch em'.

TOXIC

Latest posts

Back