Loose Fiber Glass

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fishhook

Reaction score
Does anyone have loose fiber glass in there new Nitro bassboat ? My Rod lockers have loose fiber glass everywhere! What is the fix for this ? Has Tracker ever doe anything about it ?

Does anyone have loose fiber glass in there new Nitro bassboat ? My Rod lockers have loose fiber glass everywhere! What is the fix for this ? Has Tracker ever doe anything about it ?
File a email complaint to White River Marine. You should receive an incident report number and then they will tell you to contact your local Nitro dealer. At least this way have proof of the problem in case something goes wrong down the road. Had a lot of debris in my Z19 Sport and vacuum it out myself. But did file a complaint.

The glass comes from two sources, one is left over from cutting holes, the other is from chopped glass thickening coat. There will be ends of fibers partially coated with resin that wasn’t pressed into the wetted area. Those are those sharp little needles you must watch for. At this point there’s not a lot you can do about that other try to crush them down and avoid causing any damage. WR didn’t do much cleaning in my boat, I noticed a lot of glass slurry draining from my bilge after I drained the boat after taking a wake over stern. More when I was installing spiral wrap around my wiring through the slots cut through the gunwales and between the cooler and center compartment. You can hose some of that out, but it would require you to remove bow cover plate, cup holders and such. Be careful sticking your hands where you can’t see them.

Latest posts

Back