looking for new fish finder

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T AMBURGEY

Reaction score
I want to install a new fish finder on the front of my ranger, dont really need a gps for the front, but Ive really took to drop shoting this year in my tracker, I want a unit that will allow me to find the schools of baitfish and possibly see my dropshot on the screen.

look on ebay for a ZERCOM FLASHER...or LPG 2000....these units are not longer made...and they are 'real time'...............:eek::cool:

Depends on how much you want to spend. I have a Humminbird 383c on the front (compact and color) and i can see my spoon or dropshot on the screen like I did yesterday, now if I had the $$ i'd put a Hummbird SI unit on the front!

Ive heard and it may be wrong, that the si units really dont work well unless you are at a certain speed and the trollers really wont allow it to work proper, they are good for finding stuff and marking it, and then troll over and fish the stuff, Is this so or will they work up front to. being able to see a spoon or dropshot is what Im looking for but si would be better if it works

Yes Si sonar will work on the trolling motor. Just look at some of these other web sites for photo albums and postings on this subject:

BBC Boards: Humminbird Sonar/GPS:

http://www.bbcboards.net/zeroforum?id=279

The Yahoo UnOfficial Humminbird Side Imaging group has a photo album of Si images from a trolling motor:

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/sideimaging/

BFHP (Bass Fishing Home Page) recent post:

http://www.wmi.org/boards/electronics/message.html?message_id=326980

I think that you will find that GPS on the bow is a bonus, especially if you get Si sonar up front or are vertically fishing.

Bobski,

While the Zercom flashers and LPG 2000 were good units; they cannot be serviced any more due to part availability. Fortunately we made that Real Time Sonar (RTS) a part of our current units. Just look for the

Thanks guys for taking the time for all the in put, this has gave me some ideas to choose on. one more question on the bow of my ranger there is a very small box about a inch square with a humming bird stamped on top what is this? could it be the wires for fish finder hook up?

Todd,

Could you post a picture of that? My first guess is that it is just a hole cover is all which would have two screws holding it in place. Maybe it had a Humminbird installed on it before.

Greg Walters at Humminbird

My camera isnt with me right now, but its a little black box, with a humming bird on it, not the words but a actual hummin bird, they probably are hole covers

Does it look something like this except all black and made of plastic?

402293CableGrommet-PlasticHoleCover.png

Hmmm, can't get the picture to show so I must be doing something wrong... :angry:

Just copy and paste the url and it should show up.

Greg Walters at Humminbird

Thats it the cable hole grommet, what does it do? thanks man for all the follow up

Back