LMS 520c

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jimmy Easterling

Reaction score
I bought two 520's 1 1/2 years ago, one in the dash and one on the bow. Several months ago I noticed a ghost image on the screen. I took the boat in for service the other day with the unit still mounted on the bow, face up, in the pouring rain, it rained all day the next day also. Today when I got to the lake it wouldn't come on. I unpluged it and let it dry in the sun, plugged it back up and it came on for a while then went back off. The question is, do you think it will work after it completely drys out? On the way home from the lake I went by and bought a Lowrance HDS7 to replace it. While I was looking at the new ones an older (than me) man was asking me about the new ones and whether or not I thought they were worth having. I told him I wouldn't go on the water without one and told him why i was there. He wanted to buy my wet one if I replaced it because he couldn't afford the ones at the store. I know, long story, but I don't want to sell him something that is not going to work, I would like to sell it if it would be ok, if not I am going to give it to him. What do ya think, gonna work or not?

If its waterlogged most likley not, id bet its toast. THis was a common issue with the 520c units( i went thru two).

If its dead and the guy wants a used one i have a 520c head ill let go cheap. He would need a ducer and a gimbal bracket and nuts. I have the head, the cover and power cable.

Tell me what you want for it and I will call him and hook the two of you up, he gave me his cell number. Thanks.

Since i don't have any of the parts like the gps puck or brackets etc id say $200 plus whatever it costs to ship it would be fair. I do have a trolling motor transducer if he is planing to put ot on the front of his boat i could throw in too. I bought this unit as just a head unit with no ducer and no GPS puck and it was mounted in dash.

If hes interested in it have him email me at [email protected].

Jim, I called him and he sounds interested. I gave him your contact info and thanks.

Latest posts

Back