Livewell

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rod Orieux

Reaction score
I am having trouble understanding how the two livewells in my 2006 nitro 288 work. On the console I have two toggle type switches, up for manual and down for auto. What I don't understand is how it actually works inside the wells themselves. The wellls themselves have a hole at the bottom and a spout at the top. There are also what looks like bilge plugs loose in the bottom which I take needs to be inserted when filling, however you do that. My biggest question I guess is how does it recirculate/aerate if there is no over flow or whatever? Can you help? Of course the general owners manual is of no use.

I have a 2001 288 so I'm not sure if the design has changed since then or not. If not, my two livewells have holes in the bottom where you insert stand pipes. When in operation, the overflow is in the center of these pipes. When you're done, you remove the standpipes and that serves to drain the livewells out the hole in the bottom. The manual vs automatic just serves to tell the inlet water nozzle to either spray continuously during filling (manual) or intermittent (automatic).

Okay that makes sense. I do not have stand pipes however. Any idea where I could get a couple?

The pipes are just 1/2" or 3/4" pvc. You could look at getting a rubber bung/cork to fit in the drain hole and then insert the pipe through it.

My 750DC just has a rubber plug in the bottom, no stand pipe. You just push it in. Mine had gotten a little loose so I just put an o ring on it to make sure it snugs up and stays in. Manual runs all the time, auto is on a timer. You may also have a pump out option too, you pull out on the water outlet device (Marked) and it activates a valve and the water pumps out over the side.

Latest posts

Back