Livewell question

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lamar Gilbert

Reaction score
I have only used my livewell once in the past, but I had to keep my hog today alive till I could get a pix of it. I set it on automatic and used it for a couple of hours and found the battery was very low. Almost didn't start the motor.

Do you guys leave the livewell on automatic or how do you operate it?

Thanks

Lamar

Lamar -

A few hours shouldn't have had any effect on a good battery. The recirculator pump draws very few amps. My guess is that the battery is old and needs to be replaced.

me!

I agree with "me", I've left my livewell on automatic for an entire day without any affect on my battery. I would recommend getting your battery tested or replaced.

Reno

Low water level, old battery, corrosion, a bad ground wire... A good battery should not have been effected by the livewell running...

BTW make sure the battery is fully charged prior to the load test, otherwise you amy get a false positive for a bad battery.

Carlos

Bad Battery for sure. I have left my livewell on Manual for as much as half a day when I'm fishing in tournaments if I have some weak fish or a big bag so I can keep turning the water over with no ill effects on the battery. Look into getting a new battery.

Perhaps consider adding another "house" battery to run your electronics and wells on. This is what I did after two days of dead main battery. I also added a 4 bank charger to replace the 2 bank.

Total cost installed by Tracker Dealer was about $275

It sounds like a bad battery or its low on water. What i did in my boat is i upgraded the battery to a starting/deepcycle battery and i also upgraded it to a group 27 size. Now i can run both my pumps, both ff's, gps, flasher, stereo and anything else i want all day without killing the battery.

Latest posts

Back