Liquid GOLD on the rise!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TOMMY RICH

Reaction score
Looks like I'll be using the TM alot more this year!:angry:

whats it up to today? it closed at $105/barrel last night....and I paid $2.99 yesterday.

$3.65 a gallon for #2 Diesel here in Iowa. I'll be looking for a mast and sail for the Tundra. Let's see do I remember how to tack into the wind??

fatrap

Aren't you guys in Iowa supposed to be burning cow poop, corn silk, or some other engine-fouling material?

It may on the rise but they have not raised the prices for the ones that collect royalties from the wells. Who's getting the monies? Not me.

Barry from La.:(

If we all back off that throttle in our rigs this year, it'll save us some $

I was surprised at how much fuel I saved and I really think it helped my fishing because I was able to slow way down.

You hear that Mini?:lol:

Oh yes I hear ya. The only time I am WFO is when I am blasting off in the morning of a tournament, late for the weigh-in or headed to Muscamoot Bay!!!!!! lol

I ran most of the time at 3500RPM.

I hear ya' dude..even my lil' 90 will suck gas if @ WFO but, found it just sips it @ 3000

57 gallons in my rig has become out of the question!! I also run @ a lot lower rpm. Some of the guides that I know are now charging a fuel surcharge. It's killing the business also.

TOXIC

Marty

We have gasahol and soy diesel but so far it hasn't slowed the price increases at the pump. Everytime we find a way to make it cheaper some politician finds a new tax to add on it.

fatrap

Here in Ny it's $3.39 for gas and 4.06 for diesel. Probably fish right next to the launch this year if I can get there. May have to shut the truck off and coast down the hills.

It's not the gas for the boat that stings. My Optimax barely uses any gas at all. It's the ride to the lake and back that puckers me up. Around $75 bucks just for truck gas Saturday.:eek: I might have to take up needlepoint or scrapbooking:blink: .

Can't even use mine unless the lake comes up more and I can get enough depth under the hull to get it out of the boat house.:(

david....

I saw a guy on the Potomac River last year in a wide bottom aluminum john-boat. He had a bunch of trolling motors lined up on the back of that boat, with a bunch of batteries in the back. He came into the creek going at a pretty good pace, then turned off the transom bank of motors and started fishing.

At the time, I thought "how weird?". Now I'm thinking... "wonder how many Minn Kota Maxxums I could get lined up on the transom if I took my 225 Optimax off?". :lol::lol::lol:

The thing is though... Like someone above said - it's not so much my outboard, but the truck gas. I don't run much anymore on the water - to my spot at blastoff at WOT, then cruise between spots for the remainder of the day. Only WOT to weigh in's if I am coming in "last minute"... and uhhhh :unsure: ... "that never happens".... right? :huh:

All the best,

Glenn

Yep its keeps going up and up here too. Not much we can do about it really.

In the past years i didnt really run my boat any different or less when the gas shot up. My old 882 with the 150 xr6 was a total fuel hog too. I just made other adjustments in my lifestyle to compensate for it. Things like eating out less, bringing lunch to work instead of eating a the cafe, just in general being wiser about what i spend my money on made all the difference. I have found that doing that and sticking to it i can use my boat like i always have and im actually putting more money away too.

This yeat i think my boat fuel bill may go down a good bit goign from a xr6 to an optimax.

Latest posts

Back