LCR question

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim Brone

Reaction score
I have a question about a Humminbird pro 128. It is the type that was part of my boat package in 2002 for my NX750. It states in the brochure that the 128 has speed and temp features. However, mine does not seem to have those two features. I also have a Garmin 240 at the bow. It does have speed and temp features working. Though I find it pointless that I would want to know my speed while fishing from my casting deck I can't understand why my dealer would have installed that wheel looking speed sensing devise on my transom for the front LCR. My transducer for the Garmin is on my trolling motor and I really like having the temp sensor there. But I would really like to have a temp sensor at the helm at times. Do you guys think this is a rigging mistake or am I not understanding how to use my Humminbird? Also, I have no idea where the transducer is for the Humminbird. Do Nitro dealers rig them in the hulls? If so, can there even be a temp sensor that way? I really don't use the Humminbird for locating structure and such, but I would like a temerature reading there at the helm. Thanks for any input.

By the way, I have some images of my boat and I'm pretty much computer retarded. How do I go about putting them in the owners gallery and stuff? Thanks again.

If I understand the question. It sounds like they hooked up the speed/temp sensor to the front unit (so you could see the surface temp while trolling) or it was and standard with the garmin and an add on on the bird. You can buy the speed/temp sensor and install it your self the unit is pre wired you just have to mount the sender and fish the cable up to the unit.

BF

Like Bruuce sais, the 128 is capable of speed and temp readings, but you need to purchase the sensors.

Rich D

Latest posts

Back