Lake Winnisquam and Bow Lake help

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mad Kayaker

Reaction score
Hello - I feel like I am going to confession. It's been a while ... Wondering if JimB or GregD have been fishing Lake Winnisquam, Bow Lake or any other lakes in that area. Was thinking of going up there this coming holiday weekend and wondering if the smallies are on beds or secondary staging areas still.

JimB - have you been up to Winnisquam at all this season? I was hoping to catch it like we did last year. Reply here or send me an email.

GregD - how has this season been going with your son as your partner? My club has already had three tournies and it's still May!

Thanks, Bill, the Mad Kayaker

Bill

Haven't hit Winnisquam yet, but my wife and I were on Nubanusit a week ago. The smallies were hanging off shore in rock piles approx 9-15 ft down, with water temps low 50's.... I have to confess my wife kicked my butt with 5 smallies, where one was 4lbs 3oz and the other lunker hitting 4lbs 13oz. I had 3 with the largest just over 3lbs. BTW, she caught all 5 on a weighted Citrus crankbait with a very slow retrieve. I hit mine on a 6" lizard and a bleeding tube.

If you hit Winnisquam, keep us posted...I am hoping to hit Lake Wentworth this weekend or back to Nubi...

Dan

bill

I havent been up nort at all yet this year. I have been hearing reports from the guys in my club that that are on tho. From what they tell me the spawn could be early this year with the water temps on winni being in the mid 60's on the main lake they very well could be spawning now. Even if they arent spawning yet the pre-spawn is never bad up there. Depending on the weather I will most likley head up there this weekend, there may convoy of guys in my club heading up if your interested. I dont knwo where im going but i can bet if i head up its one of the big 4 lakes.

Bill,

nice to hear from you....

I have not been out much this spring. i hit Lake Attitash and a small pond in Tyngnsborro. both just 3 hr trips.

i will be heading to Bow this coming weekend, i am sure the fish are starting up there. i got a very good report on Pawtuakawy Lake, Bubba was there two weekends ago and the numbers were very good.

not being in a club this year sure has kept me off the water. i hope to break this cycle and get some seat time over the next couple of weeks. every year i say i am going to get out to Winni during the spawn. it looks like i will miss another.

GregD

Bill im headed up for sure with my buddy Steve on Sat. I dont knwo what lake were goign to yet but im betting on Winnisquam.

JimB - what time are you headed out there? I "misplaced" my TomTom GPS - do you have directions you can send to me to the launch? [email protected]. I was thinking of going on Sunday but maybe I will go to Winnisquam Saturday and fish the Charles or Knopps Pond on Sunday.

Thanks! Bill, the Mad Kayaker

Bill,

i fished Knopps weds night, lots of bucks on the nests. no females yet. i would be willing to bet that they will be there this weekend.

i am heading to Bow Sunday. i will let you know the status when i get back.

GregD

Hi Greg and Bill

I fished Forge pond last night. There were kiver beds everywhere you looked. Don't they spawn after largemouth? I didn't see any bass on beds although there were so many kivers all around the beds I may have missed seeing bass (not to mention I also had my kids in the boat). Do kivers typically bed after largemouth?

Paul

Paul,

the sunfish will usually move into teh bass beds after they spawn out.

i would have to guess that the sunnies are in last years beds. seems a little early for the large mouth to have already moved out.

take a look at knopps, there ae a lot of sunnies ans large mouth on there nests. the big females have not moved in when i was there last wednsesday night..

GregD

They hadn't quite moved in yet on Sunday when I was at Knopps Pond either.

Bill, the Mad Kayaker

Latest posts

Back