Just how many.......

• Thread starter William H. (Bill) Barham
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

William H. (Bill) Barham

Reaction score
Rods & Reels do y'all have? I was teasing Mini and Moc in another thread about how many reels they had and thought this would be a good question to ask.

Personally, I have about 18 rods, some quite old and a like number of reels. A few more baitcasters than spinning outfits. Far more than I ever thought I'd have and that surprised me when I actually counted them. A few of these came about last winter when I didn't have a thing to do except buy rods and reels.:D C'mon, this'll be interesting..

Uncle Billy

Well for me it's only 7 combos...3 baitcast and 4 spinning.....They range from 23 years old to brand new....

I just use 3, all baitcasting. I don't like spinning reels. I have more but that all I really use in an outing.

Good question. I think I have about a dozen but I keep 5 baitcasters on the deck at all times. Chris F.:D

I may be over prepared but I have 20 rigged and ready. Although I fish Erie so a good assortment of spinning combos are a must for the might bronzebacks.

I have 21 spooled with new line, ready to go. Everything from ultra-light spinning tackle to a baitcasting flipping stick. I think that I've got about 10 spare reels and 4 or 5 spare rods. Now that I don't fish tournaments anymore, maybe I should retire a few more rod and reels to spare stock.

I have 12 in the boat 10 baitcaster 2 spinning but only have 3-4 on the deck at one time.

and about 6 or 7 around the house some are close to 40 years old when my Uncle passed away my Aunt gave me all his fishing stuff he even had a rod and reel that was mine when I was a kid cleaned it up and works just fine.

Huh? In all?

4 Crappie Ultra light duty rods.

2 light duty 12 ft. crappie rods.

4 Zebco outfits for the younguns.

6 Spinning outfits

4 baitcasters

2 heavy duty Muskie/whatever outfits

Oh and a "graveyard" full of spare reels and parts:lol:

I have 26 rod and reels. Six are zebco combo's for panfishing. The rest are Shimano's. Now I have a question for you. Who is the guy that answered your post ahead of me?? 700 rods, 600 reels, you would think by now he might learn how to use one. Ha Ha Ha.:D:D

Bubby

18 rods and reels, of course some of these are little zebco 33 combos for kids I carry in my boat.:wub::)

I have about sixty but sold about 40 last year to eliminate some of the clutter. I have been on a quest with Pflueger Presidents since KB hooked me up. Can't seem to get enough of them now. 14 model 6730s and 6 model 6735s.

I carry 17 in the boat rod locker. Last count I have fifty three including my grandfathers vintage stuff.

fatrap

Just posted in the other thread....but I forgot about the White River fly reels I have...

I do not count the collector's items in the rec-room (I collect Johnson reels...over 325 possibles and I have about half of those)...

There is storage for 50 or so rods on the ceiling in the garage... that is full... Twenty or so backup reels in a storage drawer... 20 or so in the boat permanently... three new ones in the corner of the living room waiting to be spooled... Too many accordibng to my wife!:rolleyes:

I feel much better now. I just thought I had too many at around 25 of these.

i have about 16 rods, 4 spinning, the rest bait casters

all loomis,

spinning reels = shimano stradic 2500 mg

bait casters =

daiwa: sol, fuego, zillion, viento x 2

shimano: castaic x2, new curado 1, old curado many!

My son and I have 7 spinning outfits rigged in the boat. I say my son and I because by a 13 year olds count he has access to grab any rod the occasion calls for.:eek: I however seem to be limited to using the three I have set up for that day. :rolleyes:

Ahhh Ed, you are a victim of the "there is no yours, only ours" attitude shared by your son and mine... He has "his" stuff and everything else is "ours"... :wacko:

Tee, believe me I know . I have bought from him. I was just poking fun at him.

Bubby:D

Hmmm... When I look at the Member's List of over 2900 Members it seems weird that there are only about 20 real answers to this query.

Uncle Billy

I have 16 rods and reels mainly for bass.and to just think i had too many.i usually keep 7 or 8 in the boat when i am on the water.

Uncle Billy,

Did ya ever wonder that if everyone posted how much stuff they have, then anyone, members or not, reading the posts would know what you have?? It's probably not hard to find someone's place of residence. I'm surely not hard to find.

How much jewelry does everyone have in their house?

How many guns do you have? List makes and models please.

What do you have for TVs, stereos, DVD players...etc?

How much cash do you keep in your house and where do you keep it?

I do all of my Shimano shopping at Buzz's house!!!! LOL!!!

Bob G.

5 Spinning

9 Cssting

Usually have 4 to 6 on the deck at any given time. I tell my wife if I get back to the weigh in and there are a dozen rods on the deck it was probably not a great day. If there are only two or three things probably went well.:)

HP

That fine, Bob just make you know where the dogs and bear traps are. LOL.

Buzz

Bill, I didn't answer because I knew I wouldn't impress anyone. I only fish with 7 casting rods and 2 spinning rods. Nothing impressive....

1. BPS Extreme 7'6" heavy with an Abu Garcia Record RC40/Power Pro 40#. Obviously for heavy work around timber and grass. Also doubles as a Carolina rig rod but I don't fish C-rig much.

2. Falcon Lowrider Spinnerbait Special 6'4" Med/heavy with a Shimano 200BSF with ABEC 7 bearings/P-Line CX Premium 15#. My favorite combo. Made for spinnerbaits but works great for buzzbaits and big square billed crankbaits too.

3. BPS Bionic Blade pistol grip 6' medium with a Johnny Morris/ P-Line 15#. I love this combo for tossing small shallow diving crankbaits like Bandit 100's and 200's to close in cover. I caught a fish with my very first cast with this setup so it's got real good mojo.

4. St. Croix Premier 7' Med/Heavy with a Daiwa TD-X HSD-F/ P-Line CX Premium 12#. I use this mostly for 1/4 and 3/8 oz jigs and small T-rig worms and tubes.

5. BPS Crankin' Stick 7'6" Med with a BPS Davy Fritts 4.3 to 1 crankbait reel/ P-Line CX- Premium 10#. I love the rod. It's a real long distance gun....not so much in love with the reel. I like the low gear ratio and long handle which are great for dragging DD-22's across a flat but it is one backlashin' mutha. If you even try to cast across the wind just plan on spending the next 5 minutes picking out a backlash. Wind in your face?....don't even think about it. Plus it's noisy too. Would like to find a deal on a 3.8 to 1 Curado for this rod.

6. All Star TWS 6'6" med with a Curado 200B/P-Line Halo 10#. Although this rod is designated as a "Zell Rowland Top Water Special", it works better as a jerkbait rod. Also fish flukes and Senkos on this rod and it does double duty as a shakey head rod and small crankbait rod. Very versatile....I've caught a lot of fish on this combo.

7. Titan (very off brand) 7' med/hvy with a Shimano Curado 200BSF/ Power Pro 30#. I've probably caught more fish on this rod than all the others combined. This rod was given to me by a customer who had invented a double grip design that was the most goofy thing you've ever seen. I won't take up the space to describe it but picture a double neck guitar. I cut off the top grip off and wrapped the rod with a Rod Wrap and it's made a great rod over the years. Right now it is serving as my Rattletrap/Frog rod but will also do an equally good job on a buzzbait or a T-rig as well.

I have two spinning combos too. It is my personal belief that the spinning reel was invented by the French but in my quest to become a kinder/gentler bass fisherman, I am trying my best to use these contraptions.

8. Shimano Crucial 7'2" med with a brand new Pflueger Supreme 8035MG/Seaguar CarbonPro 10#. I did have a very nice Shimano Sahara 1500 on this rod that Sim gave me, but the way Shimano cut a finger grip in the rod handle, the 1500 size reel just didn't fit right. I bought the next larger size spinning reel and it all fits my big ol' hand much better. The Pflueger is a new magnesium frame that only weighs 8.8 oz.

9 BPS XPS 6' med with the Shimano Sahara that I took off the Crucial. The old Mitchell 300 went to the retirement drawer.

My fantasy combo would be a Kistler Helium LTX rod with a Shimano Cronarch MG. Total weight would be less than most reels alone. I'll be saving my milk money for that one for quite a while.

Harpo

Holy crap....my totals just increased by 150 reels and 225 rods. :wacko:

Hey Neeley - You got a boat for all that stuff yet???

Uncle Billy:

Here's my tally (all combos) -

2 baitcasters

2 fly rods (one 6 wt, one 4 wt)

8 spinning (four of decent quality, three are Sports Authority specials, one is an ultra light)

1 spincaster (wife's)

1 Superman rod/reel (Carter's - naturally!)

You've got me really wondering now Bob.. I'm going to try to find out where you live, drive there, and steal all of your fishing gear..:p No wait, let's do this first.

How much of the following do just people named Bob have?

How much jewelry do all Bob's have in their house?

How many guns do all Bob's have? List makes and models please.

What do you Bob's have for TVs, stereos, DVD players...etc?

How much cash do you Bob's keep in your house and where do you keep it?

Please only reply if I can easily find where you live on the internet.. Don't waste my time if it's too hard! :lol::lol:

Just kidding Bob G., I understand what you're saying.. All of the other Bob's can go ahead and post what you have though!!!:lol::lol::cool: I would imagine if anyone was stalking this site for that reason they would just about know what boats and gear everyone had.

Uncle Billy

Uncle Billy,

My post was just food for thought.

Look in the phone book....I'm easy to find......then call me tonight!!

Bob G.

..alotta rods.....more reels,....and even MORE GUNS..and the biggest baddest one is LOADED and within easy reach at ALL times!!!!,...bring it on Bob G.!! :angry:;):rolleyes:

LOL

Latest posts

Back