Fishing Rod Organizers in the Z-18

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I decided to remove all the Rod organization hardware/tubes from my Z-18. The boat had all that stuff in it when I bought it new in 2017. Last year, I decided to remove all that to see how much additional space I would have. It was one the best improvements for me. It's amazing how much more space there is in the Rod box now. Particulary in the back portion of the box,there was a ton of wasted space consumed by the rod butt holder apparatus. Since I keep my rods in sleeves all the time anyway, I can easily carry twice as many rods/reels and remove them eaisly when needed along with space for other items. Just wondering if anyone else has tried this?

It always worried me about the rod eyes breaking off when putting the rods in tubes or pulling them out. I too removed the tubes from the lockers, as many others have.

I removed my tubes from my Z19 also. Really like the ease of storing and removing rods now and not having to worry about damaging the eyes.

Latest posts

Back