June Bug Colored Senkos?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul P

Reaction score
Just received my latest BassPro order. I figured on trying a new color ... June Bug. The item numbers match up between catalog, invoice, and the bag but the color on the bag says Purple w/Emerald Flk. Is this a different name for June Bug?

Thanks

Paul

I've seen as many as 3-4 different versions of "JuneBug" over the years,....but the most common is a purplish-red (Burgandy maybe??) with green flake. I've also seen Drk purple with green flake and a Dk Blue w/Green flake.....all called "June Bug" :huh::wacko:

The only thing consistent was t he green flake!!:eek:

Mac

Not sure on Senko's ,but I fish alot of ZOOM, and they have many variations of Junebug. They have Junebug,junebug red,Red bug,candy bug and they all work:D

Interesting. My package has color # 213 and is labeled Purple w/Emerald Flk. 213 and 213T look different but are pretty close. I have my favorite goto colors but thought I would try Junebug since it has come up frequently as a favorite color of others. We'll see how it produces on Lake Champlain this weekend ... last big trip of the year. :(

Paul

I like to fish Junebug tubes in the spring when Bluegill are the main forage. I dip about an 1/8" of the tentacles in Chartruse Spike-it. I sometimes use Junebug color in worms with sucess. I like Culprit or Zoom the best.

Harpo

Paul - Junebug is a great color in these parts ;)

What you have with the purple/emerald is #231, Junebug is #213 like everyone said. The 231 color(in my opinion) reflects Berkleys junebug color, while 213 is more blue-ish.

I've had luck with both and prefer 231. My .02 cents :)

Bruce, check the link to the Yamamoto color chart tha I sent to Paul. That's where we are getting the 213 and 213t color numbers.

Harpo

Paul you'll do well with Junebug on Champlain. I caught a lot of decent smallies on it in June plus a few bonus largmouths. (Rigging it wackey style.):D

Check out these. www.sunamilures.com There are junebug worms and tubes. An angler from PA, Brian Bylotas, just won a big tourney on Champlain about 2-3 weeks ago on a Sunami worm. He is taking them with him down south to the tourney that he qualified for by winning at Champlain.

Sooner - according to the link the 213t is only available in tube baits. :blink:

First time I've seen that color

http://www.baits.com/cgi-bin/order/213t

Purple w/emerald is 231

Latest posts

Back