June 7th rally prefish

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob LaMoy

Reaction score
I think there may be some confusion about Friday tth 7th. This rally has almost become a 3 day event. For any of you coming early, I will pulling into the Stonehelm Friday morning at about 6:30 am to start a caravan to the ramp. We will goof off, fish, explore the lake. I will give tips, patterns, selected spots to those who need info, No Mac not you! And also give warnings about unmarked hazards. Probably wrap the day up with suds and my grill at the Stonehelm. I was thinking we could all pitch in and get steaks or ribs, and maybe some crab legs w/ drawn butter for dinner. If any of you will be up Thursday night, I will be available to help you find places to get maps, licenses, baits, etc. Please let me know in advance. As it stands right now, I believe the Friday roster is as follows

myself, Pierre, Tom Mac, Jim, Mac, Ken, Brian, Buzz, Marke, and Mike. I know I have left a couple of people out, apologies, I have lost track. Not sure if I will be on the water the whole day, as I will have some arrangements to take care of. Pierre will probably have to assist. All are welcome to attend. We are at only 3 1/2 weeks! Yeehaaah!

I will be there, but driving in on that morning. 7 a.m. at the ramp ? And yes I will assist. I could also bring a bbq and Canadian suds...

Pierre

Neeley and I will find our own fish,.....our #1 goal is to spank the "guide" on his own lake,...our FIRST time on the water!!..LOL,...but I would appreciate a heads up on the "hazards"....don't wanna be one of them "Duke boys"...LOL,...but if "Daisy Duke" is lookin' for a boat,....WE GOT THE ROOM!!!!!

Boss HAWG

That's it big dog, IT'S ON!!!!! Neeley doesn't worry me, it's you I gotta keep an eye on! LOL I don't think I'll win, but you'll know I'm there for sure! Be forwarned if you don't have at least 16 lbs, don't bother weighing in.

As long as Rob, doesn't take to tour to visit my spot on Friday I think I'm in!..so the subtle Canadian wins it!

is what the heading will read....

Pierre

Careful Pierre, I thought largemouth were going to win it last year, and after 5 minutes in the wood knew that I had target smallies. It's anybody's game on this lake. Plus, I have some honey holes you don't know about! And I ain't sharin' YET! Now for the team event, if you want to team up on Saturday, I'm game, and we'll STOMP the MI boys! LOL Send 'em home to Mini cryin'! LOL Man, I hope I do well now!

Absolutely. Let me know. Are you staying at the Stonehelm? I can come down Thursday night for a little while and show you some stuff on a map. Rick, have your wife give mine a call. I know that she was planning something for those who bring family. There is a great playground at the school only about 2 miles from the motel, and the state park with wilderness trails around the corner from the boat launch. Plus with I-87 right there, Montreal is only an hour north.

16lbs???..Is that it???....Heck,..Neeley and I will have that much weight just in Limes!!!! Wait'll you see the smallies we'll weigh!!..(attn; Neeley,...you BETTER find us fish!!..LOL)

Mac

Rob Friday afternoon sounds good to me , we'll be pulling in around 12:00 on Friday . So we'll get a chance to hang out for a while Friday afternoon. We may be able ot make the turtle for a little while on Saturday afternoon if we can find a spot to park how large is the turtle's parking lot . we need a lot of room the 929 and Jim's truck take up at least a easy 50 feet of space. besides I can't really leave the dog in the truck for too long.

Tom, you can bring her I think if you tie her outside near the deck. Let me check. There's plenty of room to park, it's a marina and all the yachts will be in by then. You guys should try to come down, it will be a lot of fun. I can even call your girlfriend for you and see if she/he can make it! LOL

Yeah well I can dress the dog up and make beleive she's a little hairy kid from Keenseville . The only problem nobody would beleive that because she has all her teeth

She would have to have "summer teeth". Sum er here, sum er dar, sum in da lef frunt pocket!

Good news on the water levels too. They have risen dramatically. The last 2 days have been heavy rain and the forcast for the next week is all rain. We should be just fine water wise. High water is good for spring. Big hogs move up into flooded timber. That's the way to beat and awesome smallie bite. I have seen tourneys where it took 27 lbs to win!!!! With only 5 fish, you do the math! Rare, but it happens. When you got 18 lbs in the boat and see a guy culling 4 LBERS!!! your heart just sinks!

Thanks ROB ! I really didn't need to hear that it's going to rain all next week , I guess I'll have to pack the dog's raingear afer all

ill be up friday morning,leaving here thursday night.could use some directions to the launch and such.already got my ny.license.got to get the ct license yet.going to fairhaven this weekend for browns.

Speakin' of KVD,..if any of you buy his new book, "Secret's of a Champion", bring it with you,..I'll sign that if you want me too,......it's the one I did all the illustrations in.....a GREAT BOOK...but don't read it until AFTER the rally,...don't want everybody catching toooo many toads now!!! HA!!

Mac I just got KVD book last week ,it's got some really good tips ,we've also heard him speak twice at the BASS seminars, seems like a real decent person

He's as down to earth as they come,.......what you see is what you get!! He's a first class guy in every way. Very friendly,....very approachable,..and always willing to help....the consumate professional!

I was extremely honored when he called me and asked me to illustrate his book....it doesn't get any better than that for a fisherman / illustrator!!..I'm quite sure he'll ask me to do his next one too....he called me and told me how pleased he and Louie were with everything......that made my day!!

KVD's the whoop!!

Mac

Latest posts

Back