Funny Story

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Hammer TOXIC

Reaction score
Last year on St Clair, Mac and I were fishing out of mini's boat (thanks again Mini) and we were catching good fish at the "Mile Roads". The dock talk had the fish in 8-12ft and done spawning. There were probably 10-15 boats in that range (including Carlos, Marke and Neeley). That depth is about 1/2 mile off shore at the roads. Mac looks at me and says "let's go in shallow and see if the 2nd wave has moved up. It's waay too crowded out here". We were drifting tubes/grubs and of course I was fishing the "Wong Rig" most of the time :p . Like I said we were doing OK catching 2-3lb buck males which reinforced the notion that the big girls had not moved up yet. We moved in and were checking out the old beds and they were empty. Then all of a sudden Mac went on point and said "there's a PIG on that bed" 2 casts later he ripped a 4 pounder. Drifted over another bed and WHAM he nailed another. Took me about an hour to get "the eye" to be able to see them but then it was game on!! We probably caught 25 4-5 lbers, Mac nailed a solid 6 and then he lost a 6 for me but that's another story:lol: :lol:. We kept a low profile so that we didn't get swarmed by other boats and we finally got so tired we needed to take a break and drifted out deep. Who did we see when we got out there? Kim Stricker and he was filming a Hook n' Look episode with Charles Davis, Motown great from the band The Contours (biggest hit "Do You Love Me"). We motored up and Mac shot the bull with Kim and I explained the "wong rig" and everybody got a laugh. We told them that there were some big girls up shallow. He commented that they were filming a jerkbait show and had to stay out deeper. Charles sang some Lou Rawls for us and we went back in and proceeded to have one of the best big fish days I have ever had on St Clair. End of story right.....Nope, fast forward to me here in Florida. Set the HD DVR to film a few fishing shows since we got Versus back. One of them was Hook n' Look. I was bored and had 9 shows recorded so I was watching them when all of a sudden there was the episode with Charles. I'm watching where they are fishing, .......yep there's the tower, then they were up to the mile roads and there are some boats in the shots. Can't make anyone out and then they cut to Kim catching a good 4lber and they were in a lot closer....hmmmm, I was lookin for Neeley or Carlos' rigs but they have Yamaha's.... all I see is a maroon boat with a Merc.....Then it hits me ....THAT'S ME AND MAC in Mini's boat, so after I cleaned up the Jack and Coke I blew through my nose, I backed it up and sure enough there's 2 fat guys on the front deck of a Ranger, who look like the hunchback of Notre Dame both staring down into the water!! :lol: :lol::lol::lol: Bed fishing fools!!

And that my friends, is the rest of the story!!

TOXIC

People will think one of those fat bastard's is Mini and now WE won't get blamed for fishing his chit!! Gawd, I love it when a plan comes together!!!:rolleyes::lol:

Mac

My wife always laughs when I TIVO fishing shows, but I watched that episode last nite. Now I can replay the show for her and tell her I get boating and fishing advice from the 2 "celebrities" in the maroon boat.:D

Eric

LOL>....I saw the show TWICE and didnt even see my own boat! Now I gotta go look again.

That reminds me of a story. Back probably 6 years ago, one morning my buddy and i decided we'd fish Lake Winnipesaukee, which not sure if some of you guys would know but its huge. Anyways, we pulled into downtown Wolfeboro (Back Bay) and launched the boat. I went and parked the boat/trailer and happened to notice on my way to park, i saw a "I believe" it was a Ford Excursion with the windows all decaled up and everything. It said " NESN's CHARLIE MOORE OUTDOORS", "The Mad Fisherman".... So i said to myself, well, Charlies out there fishing somewheres so i commenced to get out on the lake and naturally was looking for his boat. Well, we saw like 5 boats all in a group straight ahead against the far shoreline, so i wanted to check it out, so powered up the ole 882 and headed over to where they were. Well, got to within 500 yds from the boats and 4 of the 5 boats commenced to head towards me. So we stopped and sure enuf, it was Charlie Moore fishing, and the other 4 boats were his reinforcements. They told us he was shooting a segment with one of the top Boston Bruins players (Joe Thornton)for one of his shows. I told them, whenever possible, if they would, could i please get their autographs, as i am a big fan of the Boston Bruins and Charlie Moore. They told me as soon as they finished the segment, they'd take my piece of paper over to the boat and get them both to autograph it, which they did. I was happy as a pig in poo. Got Charlie Moores autograph, and then to findout he was fishing with Joe Thornton that day and to get his autograph as well was an awesome day. I believe Charlie Moore lives here in New Hampshire somewheres or has a camp up here, not sure but anyways, thats my story to tell. Jim PS....... Great story Tox

Latest posts

Back