JSB/Tournament results

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BJ Laster

Reaction score
JSB (Junior Senior Banquet) was ..... .............. um... The banquet was good but my table was HORRIBLE

I forgot to turn in the sheet that had a request on who to sit with....yeah....i got stuck with 3 foriegn exchange students, two outside guests that i have no clue who they were, the only person i knew at the table was a girl who is in my anatomy class, she was on the other end and it was hard to have a conversation while being surrounded with people i dont know/dont spend time with.

The banquet itself was great. The Juniors did a GREAT job of honoring my class for the last time. I was escourted in by a junior girl, she was nice, then i about freaked out when she took my to my table. As we walked in they talk about you. I cant remember what they said (I'll get the DVD next week) but it was something like "Thanks for being the leader we need and being a friend when we needed a friend..."

Now to the good stuff....

The tournament today.

1. I fished my first tournament the first saturday of my 8th grade year at Lake Fuqua

2. I fished my last tournament as a highschool student the last saturday of my 12th grade year at Lake Fuqua.

Kinda cool. Before going into the tournament I won the first tournament there, and the next time we fished it i finished 2nd.

After today....lol....my streak (if you want to call it that) is over. I finished 2nd from last with 1.5 pounds. Last place was the guy who won Angler of the Year for the last 5 consecutive years and a good friend of mine, he blanked.

I learned a new method of fishing today that i'm gaining more confidence in. Carolina Rigging.

This morning I hooked 3 short fish (all about 1/2 inche shy of being a keeper) right off the bat. I thought it might be a decent day. Those were the only bites i got until 12:45 (weigh in was 1:30......NEVER EVER GIVE UP!!!!!). I hooked a fish on a carolina rig (my first real carolina rig fish). About 3 minutes later i got bit again on the C-rig but didnt hook the fish.

Nothing was working from the other day prefishing and i had done what i do when i get in a pinch and that wasnt working (Pointers off rock banks, flipping jigs in the grass, etc.). I've been wanting to try a C-rig so i tied one on just to give it a try and it saved me from getting skunked.

BJ

Welcome to the real world, BJ!! I can't begin to tell you how many times I've found myself stuck at a table with people I had nothing in common with..... What's really bad is when those people happen to be your clients and you're the one who invited them out to dinner in the first place - talk about work! It may be a necessity in order to get some things accomplished but I hate business lunches and dinners.....

If I'm gonna fish a worm - it's gonna be on a carolina rig!

Your writing is full of enthusiasm and smiles! It's good to read!

me!

Latest posts

Back