I've Been M.I.A.

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Smith

Reaction score
Hey fellas....been awhile since I've visited. I've been on lockdown studying for my Sgt.'s exam for the past 6 weeks. I took the test monday and found out that I passed and can move on to phase 2 which is the assessment center. We were not told our written scores yet...merely that some of us passed...(a few did not). So now I move on to phase 2...the final and much more stressful part of the process.

I have not even removed my boat from storage yet...!! I'm missing Michigans fabulous early season spring smallie action on St Clair....AND IT IS KILLING ME....!!!!

The wife and I did manage to escape to Puerto Vallarta, Mexico for 6 days (and yes I did take my study materials with me...which caused my luggage to be overweight $$$ !!!! And I did actually study..)

And of course I went fishing....!!! The wife and I manged to catch about 30 of these rascals during 6 hours of fishing with the coolest Mexican dude in Puerto Vallarta...
Picture1.jpg
Picture1.jpg

We stayed at Dreams Resort and Spa....south of town. I like to stay at the more secluded places...I dont care for the touristy scene at all..there were no other hotels within a mile of us, and the place has its own private beach about 400 yds long with cliffs on each end to keep people out...it was nice, the price was right, I'd definately go back.

Not sure what happened to my original post there...Guess I shoulda checked it after I posted it....sorry about the double photo and the size...

Congrats not an easy task... you can be very proud. Good luck on the rest of it...

BTW.... nice fish

smitty,

That's a funny looking bass!!!

Congrats on the exam!

Bob G.

Are congratulations in order Smitty???? You'd think a Sgt. would know how to size pictures so we can read everything you wrote without scanning back and forth all the time.:)

Way to go Smitty, I hope everything turns out the way you want it to..

Unclde Billy

Hey congrat's Smitty!!! ..keep bustin' your butt and you'll get that promotion!! I'm happy for you,.....now pull me over one of these days so we can shoot the chit for awhile!!!:p;)

You rock!!

Mac

Hmmmm....a fish with a handle on the tail....that's a new one!! Congrats man!! Hey, no more notes at the ramp, join us this year!!

TOXIC

Congrats Smitty!

See you soon I hope.

Mini

Thanks guys....you fellas crack me up.

Had my orientation meeting for the assessment center today...it doesn't sound too bad...3 weeks to prepare.

I'm forgetting about it till this monday, then I'll start my preparations...In the meantime, I'm getting my boat from storage tomorrow, getting it prepped saturday and hittin the water a few times over the weekend to blow off some steam.

Lemme know when the Michigan get to gether is Tox and I'll do my best to be there.

Mac...u gotta be doin somethin really bad for me to pull ya over...more than likely one of our youngsters will get ya and I'll just come by to back him up and perhaps mock you a bit....LOL..

Smitty - Big Congrats!!! Your fellow citizens and NTOWS members are darn proud of you for all you do for us!!! Keep it up!!!

Trep out!

OK, is it me or does that fish look like a BIG rattle trap with out hooks?

BF

Back