Interesting Idea - Best 25 Bass Locations

• Thread starter Greg Meyer [URL]http://bleacherreport.com/articles
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In my opinion if you don't have the Potomac River on there the list is not complete, but I haven't fished a lot of the places listed. I'm sure no two people would have the same list.

HP

What? Lake Anna is not on there?:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Would be a great "Bucket List" of lakes. Hmmmmmm.....I may have to save this!! I would venture a guess that consistency is the key word here because any lake/river fished on the right month/day/hour/season could be that one trip that stands out in your mind for a lifetime.

TOXIC

This is one of those 'lists' that will always spark discussion and controversy. It is, as Toxic has indicated, one of those lists that could well be considered a great 'Bucket List' of places to try.

Lakes on the list I can mark off:

Lake Fork (once)

Clark's Hill (three or four times)

Santee Cooper (four or five times)

An obvious lake that I would have thought should make the list is Lake Murray in SC.

Additionally, one criteria that they didn't use is the availability of a lake/body of water. Lake Champlain is by all accounts a terrific fishery, how many months of the year can you actually fish Champlain for Bass? Or size of the fishery - Lake Castaic only 2235 acres with a lot of restrictions.

Anyway, three down and 22 to go!

Tex

I've been very fortunate to fish a dozen of those lakes listed and live on one of them. I agree that it is a great list of lakes to fish, but I would be hard pressed to say they are the best 25 lakes in the U.S. to catch bass. It's just too subjective of a claim. The article states it well that they are, "25 of the best lakes" to bass fish and that I would wholeheartedly agree. It definitely is a great list of lakes and I hope to fish a few more on it. Good Lord willing...;)

I can say I've fished Lanier, was surprised Guntersville wasen't on that list, or that KY lake (where my biggest bass so far, we'll see if Eli and I can beat 6lbs next weekend in G'Ville).

I won't show Eli this, otherwise i'll have to build a 2-3 year plan to take the boat to each lake!! LOL

Tex,

Lake Champlain can legally be fished for bass from mid-April through November. Mid-April and November can be iffy, depending on winter hanging on or coming early.

Hard to measure what makes a great bass lake, more of a popularity contest then anything else. There is a lake west of Houston, where catching 20-50+ bass in a day is common, for 6 months of the year, and most are between 3-6lbs. Everyone one in Houston, Austion and SA know about it, but its too small to get national attention, and it has not put out any 13+ fish in a long time.

"Clark's Hill (three or four times)

Santee Cooper (four or five times)

An obvious lake that I would have thought should make the list is Lake Murray in SC."

I guess I am fortunate to live within an hour and a half of these and fish them on a regular basis. Our Bassmasters Weekend Series includes all three of these.

Jimmy,

I loved fishing all three, even though I had sporadic results. Won a Club T on Santee one year. Caught some real beauties on Murray during a Federation T. Had mixed success on Clark's Hill, mostly because the water levels on the 'Hill' were in such great flux all the time. But, when we went to the 'Hill' (much like Santee), it was always for a Weekend T which was great.

I really enjoyed living in SC (Rock Hill, near Charlotte) and fishing the lakes in the Carolina's (home lake Wylie, other notables were Wateree and Keowee in the upstate).

Tex

There are only 4 of the lakes from CA that I would agree with; Clear Lake, the Delta, Castaic, and Casitas. I don't even know what they mean about Lake Amidor. We have a Almanor filled with nice smallmouths and an Amador with pretty big largemouth but neither is a real popular destination. Folsom has some big fish but Lake Shasta is way better for big spots and numbers of fish. I'm not sure where they got their info but I don't think they polled CA anglers.

NoCAL

how can the potomac not be on there, its listed as one of the top rivers in the county...

no respect

mike c

I absolutely love Lake St. Clair in Detroit. 100+ bass days on 2 to 5 pound smallies.

I absolutely love Lake St. Clair in Detroit. 100+ bass days on 2 to 5 pound smallies.

Word....;) That's why the MVM is going on 9 straight years of getting together!! Even a bad year is a good year!! I remember the first time CIII and I went I told him LSC Smallies are fisherman's crack. You go one time and you'll be addicted...yep, that was 9 years ago:lol::lol:

TOXIC

They didnt even scratch the surface of Michigan....sure the big waters, but there are thousands of lakes inland that are great too!

Latest posts

Back