I'm So Sad

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Larry Harp

Reaction score
It's never good news when the phone rings in the middle of the night. Last night the wife of one of my best friends from high school called to tell me he had a massive stroke and is not expected to make it. Dave is in a coma in IC and won't know I'm there but maybe I can somehow help Debbie, his wife. Sometimes a hug from an old friend goes a long way. Their daughter is a teacher at UNLV, hopefully she will get here soon.

Harpo

Harpo,

I am very sorry to hear this. My thoughts are with you and your friends.

Rich D

Harpo,

It's a tough thing to go through, for the entire family. Stroke is one of the absolute toughest to endure for the family. Let's hope that your friend pulls through, and is on the road to recovery.

Tex

No good news. I went to see my friend. He is brain dead and being kept alive with a resperator. People just can't die anymore. The police found him lying beside his car yesterday around six o'clock. He had a major hemmorage right at the brain stem. The doctor said if it had happened right in the hospital there wouldn't have been anything they could have done.

We had been friends since 1966.

Harpo

You and he have been friends for a long time. "Prized 240Z Ken" and I have been friends since 1969; I can't imagine how I would feel to be in your spot with Ken.....

Prayers are on the way out.

me

As a P.S......

Many of you are aware of my diabetes/heart history. I have signed Durable Powers of Attorney and Living Wills giving my dear friend Laurie complete control should something happen to me. They pretty simply state "No machines". Laurie is a Nurse and completely understands.

If anyone has strong feelings, as I do, on such matters, be sure to take the proper steps in advance (Now!) to assure that your will is known and down on paper in a legal format.

Sorry to bring this up in your post, Harpo..... But it is something that needs to be repeated.....

God Bless!

me!

Sooner, I am very sorry to hear that. May your friends and the family find peace.

Harpo,

sorry to hear, my thoughts and prayers are with ya.

jd

Sorry about your friend Harpo. My prayers are with him and his family. A good reason to always treat everyone you love like it's the last time you'll see em.

fatrap

Harpo,

Sorry to hear about your friend, prayers are on the way.

Bob G.

Harpo,

It is tough to lose a dear friend... But, I am sure he would want you to do as you are... focusing on his wife and close family with your love and attention... You are truly a good friend. My prayers are with you and his family.. God Bless...

Thank you very much for your kind words, they are truly comforting. It's going to be a tough week.

Harpo

Latest posts

Back