• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Nitro Owners and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

I'll swap a 75HP 2007 Mercury 4 Stroke for your 50 or 60 HP!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jason S2

Reaction score
Hi all,

I got a rediculous deal on a 2007 Mercury 75 HP 4 stroke EFI. I really wanted a 50 or 60 four stroke but the 75 was just too good to pass up. It was part of a Mercury training program and was used for 2 months, has been quality checked and inspected and has a 60 day warrenty from Mercury (as part of the program). You can get a 2 year extension, but they wanted another $500 for it.

Here's my problem....my pro crappie, while rated for a 75 HP motor, was designed for 310 lbs, and this one is 400. So, rather than worry about putting a motor on that will push my freeboard down too much, I'd like to open it up to a swap. If you have a late model 50 or 60 four stroke mercury that is power tilt and is not a tiller, get back with me. The motor isn't here yet but I will pick it up in the next week or so (being shipped freight in its orginial box). I don't want any money to make up the difference, I just want to have a motor that my boat can handle without worry. I will bring the motor to you if you are in the VA/MD area. When your mechanic (or us) pulls the engine off your boat your old engine can go in the box the 75 was in.

Give me a call @ 540-760-5308 (I'll be on the water today with my dinky 25 HP) or email me and I'll fill you in on all the info. Thanks!

-Jason

I have nothing to swap Jason but if you get to the point that you just want to sell it, and then go buy your 50 or 60, please let me know will you? I'm located about three miles south of Annapolis, MD. I'll e-mail you..

Uncle Billy

I have a 40 hp Mercury that came on my PT-175 that I am looking to upgrade to a 75 hp. Is that too small for you to consider?

My 2006 Tracker PT-175 is only designed for 390lb (on the Coast Guard Plate) motor but rated for 75hp max. I am guessing the 2 stroke in the 75 hp Mercury is lighter and will work but not the 4 stroke it over the weight limit (close but tell the Coast Guard Patrol that). LOL

Latest posts

Back