If you could build your own bassboat....

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TritonGlenn

Reaction score
OK... in the interest of picking your brains.... I'd like to know "What would you want in your custom bassboat?". I'm not talking brand here, or anything like that. I'm talking components.

I'm not talking the stuff currently available, but "future" stuff, or maybe even stuff that is currently available, but needs "tweaking".

I'll start off, so you know what I'm speaking of:

I'd like to see a bassboat with a "built in" trolling motor system - kind of like bow thrusters, but with forward and reverse capability also (of course). Maybe a 3 or 4 motor system - two side motors and maybe one or two to control forward / reverse. No moving shafts, no cables, no pedals that rock back and forth - just a few simple buttons on the flat deck to press, and the individual motors respond to which motion you want. You don't have to worry about brackets breaking, deploying / retrieving when you stop / leave, and a nice smooth looking uncluttered bow.

So... what'cha' got? :p

All the best,

Glenn

They have those already glenn, but they are mounted on trim tabs. Most bass boats dont have the proper transom for them. (www.lencomarine.com/troll'ntabs.html)

If I had my druthers....lol

24' catamaran hull, twin 200 or 225 hp, center console with the ability to have total enclosure, 10 foot power pole, bow mount AND transom mounted (on trim tabs, see above), all electronics networked to a rugged waterproof laptop, sattelite link up for weather, tv and radio....i could go on....

"i could go on"

.... Well, please do! :lol:

I really like your total enclosure center console idea. I thought of that also. Wouldn't it be really cool to have that, with a/c and heat??? :blink: Oh man! I'd hardly get any fishing done. But it would be great for when I have my family out there with me, right?

I've seen the trim tab mounted trolling motors - not quite what I had in mind though. I'm talking about something in the bow, a little below the water line when off plane, but either with closable doors when you get on plane (automatically shut when the key is turned on maybe???), or aerodynamically compatible with a bass boat at full speed, without affecting handling, etc... Probably impossible... but I can dream, can't I? :p

All the best,

Glenn

...I'm talking about something in the bow, a little below the water line..., but with closable doors...(automatically shut

Glenn,

I think I've seen those. Aren't they often called the Outer Doors for a Subs torpedo tubes, lol. :) J/K! :) I tweaked your quote a little bit ;)

Hey! I knew someone had the same visual as I did - Yep! Just like the "outer doors" for torpedo tubes.... which gives me another idea.... mini torpedo tubes.... Potomac River.... for those "hole jumpers".... HMMMMM.... I now have a new (evil) plan. :lol:

All the best,

Glenn

Need oval live wells with a cooling system to keep bait or fish healthy during hotter months. Trolling motors on each side so you can move the boat side to side when it gets to windy and your trying to work a wall but the wind keeps blowing you into it. Also need a control system up front so you can run all boat functions ie live well, bileg, lights and start main motor from the front. Again windy conditions. The time you pull up your trolling motor and sit down the wind has pushed into some danger. Need several outlets to plug in various eletronics. (radio, cell phone, night light and portable gps)

How about a heater by passenger and driver seat for the colder months. Telescoping navagation light poles. No more light poles that have to be plugged in and out. Just pull them straight out of the hull. I think that would be it for now. Give a chance to think a bit.

Sonar that could tell you what was 20 or 30 yards in front of you when you're running at top speed.

Sonar that could tell you what was 20 or 30 yards in front of you when you're running at top speed.

I guess if you got to chasing a jet skier you could let them run interference and "detect" anything ahead of you :blink: :)

how about a device that kills all power to jet skis when they get to close, ie the same lake, that way they would not bother me, also it sure would be nice to have radar that would tell you who is driving that boat you see, so i could jump off my secret stuff and not be seen, or a dial a paint scheme, so i couild change it so my friends cant find me.

mike c

Trolling motor/auto pilot technology that would use two or more (those hull contained auto deployable ones!!!) trolling motors to maintain an orientation of the centerline as well as a "course" controlled from a wristwatch sized wireless controller.

How 'bout a "rod selector system" - kind of like a rotating door, skinny, but 8' long, mounted in the deck where the rod locker normally is. You press a floor mounted button and it rotates to the next one in the system until you get to the one you want. No more busted rod guides, tangled rods, etc.... :lol:

All the best,

Glenn

Mini has one of those,....'cept it's not skinny. :rolleyes:..He just says,...."Hand me my jerkbait rod, BEEEYOTCH!":blink:;)

HA! Mac I never talk to you with that tone! lol

i am with you soonerfan!

DSCN0333.jpg

A freakin cooler that works!!:angry:

I have always said the next 100 million will go to the company that comes up with a replacement for the battery system in today's bass boats. 1 battery (or powerplant of some type) that lasts ALL day and runs everything. Easy enough. Lithium, Hydrogen, Diet Coke or whatever....Gimme power!!:lol:

TOXIC

360 degree sonar that would track target movements. In short, some of that 'stuff' like the ships/sub's have. Ability to mark and watch movements.

Kill switches on the steering wheel. You take your hands off the wheel over a certain mph range, and the engine dies. Yeah, it's a nuisance for some, but would be a considerable safety improvement.

Dry storage that means 'dry storage'.

It should be MANDATORY that any Bass Boat, have large enough rod lockers. Rod lockers must pass 'usability' testing standards.

Pop up windscreens. For those that want the functionality of having a larger deck area/working area - with a single console boat; the ability to 'pop up' a windscreen for the passenger/fishing partner. They can fold down seats in the bottom of an SUV or Mini-van, they can put a windscreen in there also.

Tex

I like the pop up windshield idea that would be cool. Tox they are called sailboats.. What you want to build is a Solar powered bass boat, with a back up power plant for rainy or clowdy days.

BF

Fold up consoles with a deck that insert in its place. So when running down the lake in cold/wet weather 2 consoles, stop the boat to fish, push a button and the consoles fold into the deck and creat a flat fishing platform in the middle of the boat!!

I also like the existing Fisher rear seat bench that folds down for a deck, so if its just you and a buddy fishing the rear deck is big, but on Sunday afternoon with the family POP goes the rear bench!!

Latest posts

Back