I made the Stren Championship!!!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian Ingersoll

Reaction score
As some of you know, I have been fishing the Strens central division this year. I won the points title in the Mississippi BFL's last year and my wife and I decided that I would take the money I won and use it to finance a foray into the Strens. It was not an attempt to go Pro, but more of a personal journey to see if I could compete at that level of fishing. I set my goal at qualifying for the Championship at the end of the year. If I could hit that, then I had succeeded.

My first tournament at Norfork was only two days due to heavy snows, and I made some errors. It was my first attempt ever at an Ozark lake and I finished 61st.

The second was at Kentucky Lake and I had a good tournament except for losing a keeper the seconod day and only weighing four. That fish cost me 15 places and I finished 38th, but that's part of fishing.

The third was scheduled for Fort Madison on the Mississippi River, but due to flood conditions it was relocated to Kentucky Lake. It took me a couple days to refine my pattern and the last day i caught the biggest string of my life (17-4) and finished 40th.

The last one was at Lake of the Ozarks and I made another error, but was still able to finish 38th.

I needed to be in the top 40 at the end of the year to make it to the Championship, and I was able to make it to 17th place:D:D:D

Now I head to Table Rock in early November to compete with the best of the best for some really big money.

Brian,It was a pleasure meeting you and being able to chat with you.If any of you guys ever get to meet this man,you should do it.He's a great guy just trying to do the dream.Congrats Brian on a great job on a lake you have never been on.

Hey,Brian,By the way we tore them up on a white fluke on Sat.

Congrats Velcro, I'll be rootin' for ya come November. I'm still stuck in Korea till 4 Dec, so set the hook once for me! Good Luck.

JP

Congrats Velcro!!!

I was wondering if you could give any info about LOZ? I read that they were catching the fish from docks but they never said if they were main lake or back in the coves?

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks and GOOD LUCK with the Championship will be pulling for you.

Congrats, well done !

Keep it up, its not easy as you know.

Mike Gershberg

Bass Pro Shops "Pro Staff"

Royal Palm Bassmasters-President

Thanks for the encouragement guys, I'm having a great time and have learned more in four tournaments this year than in than the last couple of years of 20+ tournaments each year.

KcChief - send me your phone number and I'll call you.

Just returned from the Table Rock area. Lake is FULL. Other than that, not really anything else I could tell you, since we were fishing for trout in a tributary, not fishing Table Rock itself.

Tex

Careful guys....I am not totally sure he can get info legally.

Congrats Velcro. Now stick em like your name :)

Latest posts

Back