Good start to 2012

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob LaMoy

Reaction score
Fished Saturday with my boy out of our home water with Jim Moore's club. Good bunch of guys. I was dubbed "the guide" again. Sounds like some other June tourney years ago when everyone said they were going to "kick the guide's @$$ on his own lake!" How did that one turn out??? ;)

Anyway, we launched at 6:30am behind 2 other tourneys. Probably about 50 boats ahead of us and in our 28 boat field, we were 2nd from last. So there were 75 teams out ahead of us. Isn't great when God smiles on you and everything goes right. Now granted that doesn't happen often, but when it does.....man what a day. We were due in at 3:00. By noon we were done fishing and just drifting with our 19 lbs of smallies putting cooler main lake water on them. We went in for 1:00 to watch the other clubs weigh in and had my wife bring us some ice, drinks, and sammiches!

After scooping out the 1/2 lb of puked up perch from the bottom of my livewell, we weighed in 18.89 lbs and won. The best part of it was the fact my 14 yr old boy was there with me and had a great time. Not too mention the money he made. Now he wants another gun! :rolleyes:

IMG959668.jpg

And that's the wife in the background fellas so....EASY!

Congrats, I have fished for many years(30) with my son as a partner in local tournaments - how rewarding it is.Suddenly as the years go by you become the fisherman in the rear of the boat and your fishing buddy takes care of you.Carry on

Buy the young man another gun. With a catch like that he deserves a new AR.

fatrap

Latest posts

Back