All done

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rob LaMoy

Reaction score
Well I started finally figuring them out in the last 2 hours of the day today! My co-angler was in contention for his division so I wanted to help him the best I could.

We went to an area he wanted to fish and I had only 1 small Kentucky in the box.

I figured the senko got me here so I started throwing it for the 1st time while here. I put 3 more in the box (my biggest on the very last cast) and lost a BIG Kentucky at the trolling motor. Also busted on off early, literally BUSTED him off, as in busted my rod in half! But I finished 29th overall and 4th for my division.

Congrats to the guys that are moving on, they earned it, the bite was tough.

Be sure to watch the Everstart here next week.....it's going to be a SLUGFEST once these fish actually lock on their beds. You can see tons of 4-7 lb pigs on beds, they just won't stay put or bite. Next week will be crazy here.

On a side note, I finally caught my 1st Alabama rig fish. Ran it across a wind blown point and like everyone says, the fish crushed it. And he pulled like stupid. Got it in and......it was a 3 lb white bass. Figures!:lol:

For those of you who have never been to a national championship, you owe it to yourselves to keep fishing your club and state tourneys and try to qualify your way here. They really treat you like royalty and every tourney angler should experience this at least once.

Tough finish Rob. Glad the Senko produced. It is becoming a more dominant spawn bait. It performed well on the Elite St Johns river tournament. I have no doubt you will be back.

TOXIC

It has been fun watching your progress and I have no doubt you'll get there soon.

Gene

Latest posts

Back