I Finally got a GPS

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marke Cicero

Reaction score
Hey Gang,

I found a great deal on a GPS unit. I got the Garmin GPS Map76 with the Lakes and Water ways software. The GPS costs $349 and the software costs $70. I picked up everything for $250 from a guy that works in the fishing department.

He does a lot of walleye fishing on St. Clair and he left all of his way points installed.

Tonight I'm going to pick-up the Ram Mount for it so I can install it on my TV-18.....SWEEEEET!!!!

Does anyone have any input on this unit????

Thanks,

Marke

I just walked over to the marine accessoris department (I love this job) and figured I can get the Ram Mount, 12-volt adapter, external antenna and the instructional video and still pay less than the unit and software alone if I purchased new.

Marke

Marke,

I have some input for you - YOU SUCK!!! Just kidding! Sounds like a good deal. He probably left all of his "dead" waypoints to see if you fish there!! My son and just got back from "Youth Hunting Weekend". We did not see a deer in the woods, just one that crossed the road in the dark. Both days were 60+ degrees. Today was 68 degrees and 25mph winds - a real suck day for deer hunting in VT. Last weekend was 18 degrees and we saw lots of deer at dusk!! Too bad were turkey hunting. Next week is buck season so Steven still has a chance for his first deer. Later...

Bob G.

Just picked up the exact same unit this morning, (Haven't told the missus yet......) (GPSmap76) and the software I bought was the "Waterways and Lights" cdrom....... still tryin' to figure out how it all works...... sounds like a great deal though for you! egMike

Also- I got the cig lighter power adapter for it for boat or car use, can't wait to get to know it and how it works a little better, wish I could help with that....... did you go to the garmin website? I noticed software updates and cdrom updates and about the purchasing of "unlock codes" which I am clueless about, but I figure I have about 4 months to figure it all out during my fishing "off season".

Congratulations! I looked up the GPS Map76 in one of my catalogs. Looks like a nice unit, with several useful features. You're gonna love the RAM mount.

I think I'll add a hand-held GPS to my Christmas wish list.

I have the Garmin GPSMAP76s and have absolute no complaints. Its a great little unit packed with features.

Don't forget to update your firmware at the Garmin site.

Here's a great informative site about handheld GPS
http://www.joe.mehaffey.com/

Latest posts

Back