Hunt or Fish what to Do Ahhh

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Hutchison

Reaction score
Man what to do I have Friday off and will be the first day I can hit the woods for Black powder season but it's going to be 70 out and I won't get many days like this to fish for a quite sometime I will have Saturday and Monday off to Hunt as well but I can't seem to make up my mind :huh:

Hutch - I don't hunt so its EASY - FISH!!

I've got Fri afternoon off i'm hitting the lake, it should be in the 70's here too!

I am facing the same delima on Saturday myself. Except my choices are opening day duck hunting or golf. Supposed to be a blue bird day at 75 degrees here on Saturday, not much for duck hunting. Might be as many fishermen on the lake as duck hunters Saturday morning which is always a dangerous combination.

Bryan

HUNT!!!...You only have limited days per year to do that and you're in the middle of the rut!! It won't get any better than it is now,....besides,..fishing season lasts a LOT longer than hunting season anyway...and 70deg days in Nov, are RARE...you can sit all day in total comfort!! And every Hunter/Fisherman knows that venison tastes A LOT better than fish anyway!!:p:rolleyes:

Fear the Feather!!;)

Mac

Mac - Saw the FUNNIEST thing Sat AM fishing, a Buck chasing a Doe and the Doe did NOT want to get "done"!! LOL She jumped in the lake not 30ft from us and another boat, swam around a point and the Buck kept up the chase, she doubled back in the water and it was TOO funny to watch, they could care LESS about us!!

Mac thanks you are right the rut is in full swing and the season is short so Hunting it is. I need some deer Jerky for snack fishing :D

Do what I did last week - BOTH! :D

Hunt early, fish late after the water gets some sun.

Can you shoot from the boat? If so, do both. Just make sure you pick up the right tool for the job.

"Hey, look at that boil over there!" [grabs rod] Boom! [huge geyser where boil had been]

or

"Look, a nice 8 pointer at the back of that cove, near the stream..." [grabs rifle] zzzziiiiiipppp [crankbait and 200 yards of 12lb mono last seen on deer hindquarters, headed to next county]

We will be hitting the hot side Saturday so hunt Friday and come fishun Saturday!! As I told you at the tournament, the fish are feedin on Anna!! Now where is that Wylie Coyote Bill? When does he get back from vacation? I know where the passes are but I want him to go also.

TOXIC

That sounds like a good idea who all is going saturday? will there be enough passes? Bill should be back this weekend he told me 2 weeks

2 passes and 2 cards, just leave a note on your windshield that you are a guest of Bill and nobody will bother you. BUT.....you have to leave a card for me cause I will probably be a little late and the last one there. So far, Carlos, Favors and myself. C and I have back seaters, I don't know about Favors. I'll give you the lowdown on Dropshotting!! Fun, Fun, Fun!!

TOXIC

OK Guys - Just got back about 30 minutes ago and looking at email and the board. Yes, I will have four (4) passes under the mat on Saturday and NO, I can't go! We are working on another publication venture here at the lake and are presenting it to some major advertisers for their input. After 11 days on the high seas (Southern Caribbean) I need to get back to work.

If I don't see you all on Saturday have a great day on the lake and will we hook up again later.

PS - We had a great time!

I hunted Pheasants today.It was 91*, it was the hottest weather I have ever hunted in.:eek: We did get our limit but it sure was a miserable day to hunt. It was an easy choice to make because the Nitro is winterized.:eek:

I think its a no brainer....hit the woods....mmmm i can taste those backstraps already.

Travis

Ok I have my plan hunt Friday fish Saturday spend Sunday with the family and hunt Monday

not a bad 4 day weekend:D Tox when do you all plan on hitting the water?

Bill Welcome back you missed the 20 degree mornings last weekend:p

I'll know tomorrow, I'm taking a guy from work and he lives in McLean. He's going to drive to my house and then we are going to leave, I am trying to convince him to hit the road early but "early" means different things to different people. :lol::lol:

I can "guess" that we will be at the lake around 7-7:30. I'll report back tomorrow.

THANKS BILL!! I had a GREAT day last Friday. Most big fish day I've had on the hot side.....they were puttin the feed bag on!!

TOXIC

Deer 1 Hutch 0 Man I saw more hunters in the woods than cars on the DC beltway I hate hunting public land but got to do with what you got fishing today hunting a friends farm Monday hope to even the score.

I should be at 17,29 around 6:30 give or take a few... I stop at the Mc'd for a rest room brake most of the time. well i getting ready to hit the road see ya

Gimmie a call when you get there, I am gonna stop at Sheetz in Opal to "freshen up" my fuel and get a sandwich. 202-550-5549 We might be close.

TOXIC

Latest posts

Back