Hummingbird owners / transducer problems at high speed

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bruce Yeaton

Reaction score
I found some info about not tracking the bottom at higher speeds with HB transducers. Seems the fix for it is to lower the transducer onto the lowest part of the transom, down near the drain plug and intakes, etc.

Not sure how accurate this info is, but one guy tried it and everything seemed to work correct after.

Hope this helps!

Yeppp....two words. NEW LCR! Those Birds just don't have the wattage..

TEE

That's where mine is mounted and it doesn't make any difference. Just my 2 cents.

figure maybe 30-40mph might be all the speed the older birds ducers and finders would do when installed in a good location due to the xducer and the wattage like tee mentioned. why tracker put these on high speed bass boats is a mystery to me. following is email address to greg walters at h'bird who is pretty good at the transducer locations and may be able to help some folks out. i think angling the transducer in or out a bit can help also. i think the new birds xducers are rated to 60mph.

[email protected]

jd

Mine is on the outside and is good to 42mph. Thanks to Greg's help tipping it down ever so slightly made a big improvment I was always trying to keep it level.

BF

Bet I could take a Lowrance and put in the same spot and not have problems reading at any speed...

TEE

Rick, I think that as with any product, some are more prone to problems and "sometimes" this has to do with price paid (you get what you pay for). I'm sure there a lot of Dae woo cars still on the road but as a percentage of units manufactured it is not a good percentage. The Hbirds are a more "affordable" unit. You haven't had problems...Great!! But some have. I do agree, you have to watch the generalizations though.

TOXIC

No.. it's just Tracker believes in REALLY cuttin' corners when it comes to LCR's. Rick...the HB 300's & 400's are not the same as those little 128's that are standard.

We're not knockin'Hummingbird per say...just how some of the lower end units just don't have enough wattage to keep bottom @WOT..

TEE

Latest posts

Back