Interior Hull problems

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, the answer from them as of right now is......."drill a hole and fill the void with expanding foam"

How's that for customer service ?? They no longer seem interested in figuring out how or why, just in giving me the above answer for the fix.

It's taking too long IMHO....you as a customer have a problem. You have a warranty, it needs to be fixed or replaced, this should not be on you to resolve. I understand being patient and helpful but this is dragging out.

Wow... Just WOW! You have had the patience of Job with this and that is the answer you get? Wow. I hope someone that has a bit more initiative and customer care gets on top of this soon for you. Good luck! ;)

That reply WAS from customer service @ tracker marine...the nationwide version.

Local dealer is and never has been any help with any issues.

Still hoping, but waning fast......................

Sorry to hear about your Z7 issues, hopefully they will take care of it. I had a problem with my previous Nitro that the dealer all but said "handle it yourself" with Tracker. I started with customer service and worked my way up the ladder until I found the guy in charge. After being told, "No" a few times they finally took care of the issue. Hang in there and don't give up.

I'm curious does your boat have the black plastic shelf that the batteries sit on?

Well, the shelf my batteries sit on is aluminum......but the plate that cover the livewell pumps is plastic

Why not try the expanding foam solution they suggested and see if that works? I hope in the end they take care of you. I think you will need written documentation of the problem from a 3rd party and present it to tracker. Unfortunate process you have to go through to get them to fix the problem.

Water and foam don't mix. You just end up with wet foam that weighs a ton. Keep us posted Mark. I feel for ya!!:(

That was what I told them, but they swear the foam they use won't absorb water.

I also told them I needed something in writing that explained the problem and the recommended solution, so it is on record that they said to do this, so I don't lose warranty for anything else.

Well I'm own my second Nitro and have been lucky I guess. I will say this with all due respect to the Nitro brand. Wood as we all know is a bad thing in a boat! I think the fact Nitro still uses it and the horror stories of bad customer service will send my looking at a different brand for my next boat! Good luck, hope they do what is right and fix your boat!

Latest posts

Back