Hummingbird part #'s

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brantley moats

Reaction score
Hummingbird Greg,

You and Wayne P. seem to be the best resources for H/B info. Thanks in advance for the help you have given me.

Since I last wrote you I have found a 998c SI combo unit to my liking.Since the unit is a SI unit it will come with the side imaging transducer which I plan to mount on my jack plate probably using the Transom Saver jack plate mounting.

Question: 1.If I would like Temperature readout and would like to use the unit for high speed readouts of depth should I order and can I use the XP-9-20-T transducer for an inside (epoxied in)shoot thru hull transducer and get temp. readout on the screen? I do understand I will have to mount the temp prode on outside of transom.

2. Will I still use the AS SI DB Y transducer adapter cable?

Brantley

The Side Imaging transducer has a temp sensor, a 83/200 kHz crystal, and two SI crystals.

If you want to use the remote temp sensor of the shoot-thru XP 9 20 T, you will have to use the TS3 switch to select either the shoot-thru or the SI transducer. When you change the switch positions, you have to change the Transducer Select setting in the unit menu to the one you have selected each time.

If you use the XP 9 20 transducer for shoot-thru, then you can use the AS SIDB Y cable to connect the two transducers to the display and the temp will come from the SI transducer. The Y cable disconnects the 83/200 kHz crystal from the SI transducer and connects the shoot-thru in its place. The combination functions as a single SI transducer, no switching, no menu changes, and no automatic switching.

Latest posts

Back