Hummingbird-Greg 597 CI HD DI

• Thread starter Darryl Stafford
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darryl Stafford

Reaction score
I am considering the 597CI HD DI. I would like to use a ram mount and be able move the unit from drivers concsole to bow. Can the signal from this unit be split with a Y-cable or would I have to install two transducers. My Z-7 Sport has the Motorguide W55 and it can not handle a transducer because of the way it stows. What are my options.

Thanks

Planning on getting one myself for the bow to go with my 797 at the console. Only thing I don't like is that the 597 can't use the ethernet connection to share waypoints.

I like the RAM mount for the Humminbird units but it looks a little puny. Wish they had a beefy one for it.

TN Fisher, you can use the US3 switch to use a single DI transducer for two mount locations or two displays.

Rob, I had that same issue while making my choice for the 798 Ci Si combo for $760 or the 798 Ci Si HD for $1050. I figured I could buy quite a few MM/SDhd cards for $400. My buddy keeps a card in his 788 unit on the bow, marks his waypoints while fishing, and transfers them to the 1197 on the console when he gets home. Just saves them to the card, and plugs the card into the 1197 and uploads from the card.

The Ram I have on my 998 at the console is pretty stout; I'll look up the model number if you want.

Wayne is correct (as usual). The US3 Unit Switch is the way to do this. It will come with 5 and 20 foot cables from the switch so that it can reach each unit mount.

Greg Walters at Humminbird

Latest posts

Back