humminbird greg

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

steve young

Reaction score
hey greg

My wife bought me a 597 ci hd for xmas last year. Want to install into my new 189 sport, but do not want to drill holes into my transom. best way to mount a transducer and what do I need to do this. If I mount this to the hull will I lose any type of display or speed indications. Not very informed on fish finders and am very new to this type of sonar.

No matter which one of the 597ci HD units you have, you can epoxy the transducer inside the hull. You will need an accessory temp sensor TG W for direct water temp though.

Wayne is right about this; the standard transducer can be mounted inside-the-hull. Unfortunately the water temperature shown will be from the inside surface of the boat hull as the temperature sensor on that transducer is on the bottom of it. You can exchange the transom mount transducer with Humminbird for the inside-the-hull version XP-9-20-T transducer that has a temperature cable on the end of a ten foot cable that is designed to mount over the transom on the outside for more accurate water temperature readings. You could go the route that Wayne suggested with the Auxiliary Temperature Sensor (TG-W) but exchanging the transducer would be cheaper and provide the same information.

Greg Walters at Humminbird

Latest posts

Back