2009 189 Sport Transducer Mount

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Notrab77

Reaction score
I purchased a Humminbird Helix and am trying to figure out where to mount my transducer. It came with the transom mount, which I mounted where the previous owner had a transducer, but it didn’t work well on the initial trip to the lake. My side imaging didn’t work on the left side (all black) due to the beam being blocked by the motor. Attached is an image with showing where it is currently and the red arrows where I’m thinking about trying it.

Any advice or others with the same boat have a transducer mounted elsewhere? I read some old posts for a 189 transducer mount that mentioned using a thru-hull transducer, but that seems like a lot more work than mounting to the transom. Hoping to find a good place to make the transom mount work.

Attachments

• 28BC2536-C19C-41B6-BA77-9D166297A49D.jpeg
    28BC2536-C19C-41B6-BA77-9D166297A49D.jpeg
    191.8 KB · Views: 40
A 5" setback jackplate would give you enough clearance, even with the the engine down, so as not to interfere with the side image function but that's a fairly expensive fix unless you are interested in having one anyway. I have recently purchased the Helix Side Image unit to get the functions associated with the Ultrex I Pilot link system. The side image function must have an unobstructed signal to function. A jackplate allows the clearance needed at the rear, otherwise you will have to place the transducer under the troll motor body.

Latest posts

Back