Humminbird Greg!! I need HELP!!!

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sam blatt

Reaction score
I have a Humminbird 997 c si. The other day it was saying low voltage even though the batterys were fully charged. The batteries are probably three years old, so i'm definately in need of some new ones. Well i could hit cancel and clear the alarm. It would do this on and off throughout the day and i would just clear it. Then all of a sudden it would freeze up to where i would have to power off all electronics on the boat. This happened about 4 times. Then on the 5th time it wouldn't even power back on. Everthing else on the boat works fine. I had it out today and still nothing. Is it something with the unit or the wiring or the battery. I just really hope its not the unit. HELP ME!!! Thanks, Sam.

Not sure if I can help that much but have you checked to see how much voltage is getting to it? I had problems with my old lowrance powering up and found out a little corrosion on the connector was dropping the voltage down enough to keep it from powering up. Just an idea!

Bobby

Is the unit power cord connected directly to the battery as recommended by Humminbird?

Is you battery completely charged, in good condition, with connections clean and tight?

Back