humminbird 997 and 1197 shutting off

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joe Potaczek

Reaction score
I have a 2010 nitro Z7 997 on the bow and 1197 on console everytime i'm driving the 1197 will shut off and the 997 will freeze up and i have to unplug it or shut the power switch off I also have a lowrance in the dash came with the boat that one does not shut off they are all hook to the fuse panel this is driving meet crazy. Any ideas?

Bad ground or bad power connection. re wire it.

+1 what Mini said:

I recommend that you run a new set of wires to each of the Humminbird units straight from the battery (through an in-line fuse of course). I would use a larger wire gauge size due to the length, a blade type fuse and fuse holder and solder and seal all connections.

Greg Walters at Humminbird

I would use at least a 14 AWG wire for the distances that you will be running the wire. I know that many have even used a 12 AWG wire but that should be overkill for this. Be sure to use a multi-stranded copper wire for this. My nephew-in-law used outdoor rated extension cords on his last two boats and they have been working fine. Solder all connections and seal them afterwards. the newer blade type fuses and fuse holders seem to hold up much better on boats than the older glass type bus fuses do.

Greg Walters at Humminbird

Back