humminbird 798 si transducer mounting help

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Richard Comer

Reaction score
hello I hope yall can help i have been looking for some help in finding the right spot to mount my transducer, i mounted it at one spot and it kept kicking up, so i intalled the screw to keep it from doing that and then it broke, does anyone have a nitro with a humminbird 798 si that does not have a jack plate? my boat is a 2002 750 with a 90 and no jack plate , any help would be great, thanks :wacko: i have pics i could share if anyone would like to see them, just dont know how to add them on here
009.JPG

you need to mount it on the back of the transom not way over on the side. You will probably get a better picture too since the ducer will be more level. Don't see how it can really work well at all where you have it mounted. Here is mine. Jackplate does not matter as long as it has a clear path to both sides of the boat.

2252_1275800673.JPG

You may have to trim you motor up a little when you use the Si Richard but I think that dchance is right on about the mounting location. Also, you will need an XP-9-20 inside-the-hull DualBeam transducer and an AS-Si-DB-Y cable if you want high-speed depth readings as well Richard.

Greg Walters at Humminbird

Greg is spot on, I also have the hull mounted transducer and Y cable for high speeds....

Latest posts

Back