how low are your lakes?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike chip

Reaction score
Just curious if your lake near your house is low or not, it looks like the east coast is getting some serious rain today and friday, Most everything around here is within a foot of normal, but i was talking to a friend at smith mtn lake, he was saying the lake was still down 4 to 5 ft. Just curiuos if marion and hartwell and the rest ever came up.

mike c

So far, the COE is posting a 1/4 ft. rise since our recent rain. That should bring us up to about 20 ft. below pool. Four of the 103 public access lanes are open. It looks like a giant golf course with a big water hazard in the middle. :(

Fishin' is good though! :D

Lake Anna was about two feet low at my dock (hotside). With some luck, this will help a bit. I realize, however, we're not near as bad as others. Hopefully, the more drought stricken areas got some decent rain.

My home lake -- Lake Casitas is down about 25' but is still over 200' deep near the dam. Diamond valley res is down over 50'and has no usable ramps. Most of the So. Cal. lakes are down low. Anybody with extra rain can send it here.:cool:

We're in a severe drought here in Central Texas. We generally get some good rains in October and didn't get anything so it's not looking good. If we have a dry Spring we're going to be in really bad shape. Lake Buchanan is about 13 feet low and Lake Travis is at 66% but am not sure how many feet low.

Lake Hartwell is 22 feet below full pool. All ramps closed. Even when we get heavy rain, like we did this week, the water is being sent down river to keep Clarks Hill Reservoir from going below the minimum conservation storage.

Sucks.

Areas of the midwest (northern indiana) have actually been extremely wet the last couple of summers. Most lakes are "topped-off", however there are a few that are still displaying the 300 ft pier syndrome.

Lake Folsom just closed, no ramps left. Lake Oroville has one open ramp that is being extended as we speak to allow for a tournament in Feb. Lake Shasta has one ramp left open. Lake Berryessa is down about the same. Our resevoir lakes are all down nearly 200'. Rain predicted for this weekend. Hope it pours and snows.

NoCAL

The lake I am on has been 15 ft over normal pool all summer. They have been releasing heavy for a month for winer draw down and it just now getting to normal summaer pool which is 6 ft over winter pool. Plenty of water here.

Saw a report yesterday on TV that (either 35 or 38) states expect continued water shortages within the next five years. I wasnt able to pay full attention but the glance of a map looked like the great lakes states were primarily those not expecting to be affected, everybody else was.

san luis reservoir about 30 minutes from my place is down 156 feet, yes that is correct,

from full pool up 40 feet from october.. pretty deep pond eh?

:eek:

E. Texas, for the most part is in pretty decent shape. Fished Bob Sandlin last month and great access/decent pool level. Lake Palestine (home lake), is probably within 6" of Full Pond. Ours is an older lake with a 'fixed damn', so they don't/can't let out any more water.

Lake Tawokini (within 50 miles of DFW) is very low. More than likely being affected by the never ending demand from the DFW area (drinking water). They are drawing from it, since the new pipeline went in, tremendously.

Tex

Back