Hot side ramp?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ken Sabin

Reaction score
Bill in Va-

Hows the water level?

Was contemplating coming down Tuesday and checking it out, if I can launch the boat and recover it, and of course if you dont mind me using your pass?

Ken - No problem! As I mentioned in another thread we added stone to the end of both ramps so you have another 20 feet beyond the concrete to put your trailer in. Passes are under the front mat.

Have a good time on the water.

bill,

just aquick question, it might seem stupid but im curious. how can the water level be low?

the reactor pumps well over a million gallons a day, isnt dike 3 at a fixxed height, meaning the lake should always be full?

mike c

Mike - One would think but they have the plant at limited use right now and there is little, if any water coming from the cold side through the reactor and out the hot side. The first canal has hardly any current flowing. The water level is due to the drought and we are down over 3 feet. We were down nearly six feet in 2002 and Martie and I could ride the four wheeler from the house all the way around to canal 1 on the "new" beach area.

They can control the water level on the hot side by adjusting the 'gates' at dike 3. If the pumps are pumping, the high side cannot be lower than the cool side, but the high side can be raised if they desire to do it.

BTW - each reactor pumps 1 million gallons a minute or 2,000,000 gallons per minute if both reactors are running. - see the link for more info.

david....
http://www.dom.com/about/stations/nuclear/northanna/whtf.jsp

Latest posts

Back