Hot Side Memorial Tourny

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark Jaworski

Reaction score
Hi all,

It looks like its going to be 60 for a high on Sat. Are we still on?

Mark

So far so good for me. I won't know for sure till Wednesday. 60 would be nice since I spent all day yesterday bringing up wood from the forest for my woodstove. I called Kenny Brown this morning and left a message on his cell. He was my backseat but if he doesn't show, it'll be open.

TOXIC

Sorry guys. Looks more and more like I won't make it. My "other" job calls and I won't know for sure if I have to report or not until later this week. This means that Uncle Billy will probably need a backseat to fish from (Sorry UB!).

59 or 60 - both sound good to me. I fished the hotside this past Sunday. It was so cold that ICE was forming on my reel and guides from the casting and retrieving!! Bite was tough with the high pressure system in control. Caught one dink all morning and decided time was better spent raking leaves (yes, it was THAT frustrating!).

Next Saturday should be much better and if there is rain, at least it won't keep the fish from biting!

Jim C., don't be sorry. I don't think I can make it either because there's no way I can drive down there. I'm having another procedure tomorrow afternoon and while it's not very intrusive they said I won't feel like doing anything for a short while and Nancy has put her foot down, period! I've been putting off saying anything while waiting for a miracle but it's not to be I guess. My once a year outing to fish is kaput!

You guy's have a great time and I'll be thinking about you!!:(

Uncle Billy

Carlos is coming down for the Boiled Bass Event. I will be in my deer stand.

You guys whack some!:)

Jim what were you doing? I made it out there at about 9:00 woke up late, and I had several nice keepers off Dike 1 on a shakey head Zoom worm. Then headed down to Pool 3 and was killing them with a Jerkbait!! I had 2 over 4 and several around 2 1/2 all on the jerkbait. I didn't even fish any of the bridges, I didn't graph any bait so I left them alone. The jerkbait bite was on a dead stick!!! Oh and fish up hill! ;)

I hope you guys have good weather, but I'm actually hoping for cold, I'll be in a deer stand!!:lol::lol:

You all have fun and catch alot of fish!!!!

Hey Gunny - should have hooked up with you!! I tried senko's (junebug, watermelon, pumpkin and chartruese/pepper). Switched to crankbaits in bluegill, black/chartruese, shad. Tried a white spinner. ssullivan1 was with me and he was trying buzzbait (early morning) cranks, spinners and t-rigged ribbon tail worms. We both finally settled on jerk baits but fished them from shore out. ssullivan1 caught a couple off of dike 2. I managed my dink near the discharge by fishing out from shore back (i.e., uphill). Guess it wasn't meant to be for us amateurs (ssullivan1 and me)!

It appears they have taken the rain out of the forecast. A little cooler than originally thought, but dry.

Jim I wish I would have seen you guys, we would have hooked up!! I also tried a Senko to no avail. I think Toxic has made all the fish on the Hot side gun shy of a Senko, because I haven't caught but one fish on one this year!!:lol:

Hi guys! Back from vacation and really tired and I need a vacation from my vacation. LOL

Looks like we are going to have a small Invitational. From my count we will have Toxic, Carlos, Jaws, Ken S, Herndonpro and Mike C. Don't go overboard with food stuffs. Guess it was a bad weekend to set it up. This will be the first for the NSMs and maybe we can have one with more participation later after the New Year.

Meet up around 0630 at the house and down to the lake around 0700.

See ya on Saturday and have a great Thanksgiving!

Hi Bill,

Welcome back. Happy Thanksgiving to you too.

I guess we just bring our own samiches and meet for lunch at the ramp then. Its up to you guys. What do you want to do?

I will have Bill fro MD with me.

Thanks,

Mark

Hi all,

Ill be staying at the lighthouse inn Friday Night. Anybody up for some fishing Friday afternoon?

Mark

Gunny - next time you're out, look for an all tan/gray G3 boat with a big Yammie engine on the back. I'll be the guy wearing the black full-face motorcycle helmet while running (don't laugh, its much much warmer than just a hat when going 50mph!). Also, got to try jerk baits more - you're right in that clearly Toxic has conditioned all the hotside fish not to hit anyone's senko but his!!

In other news, I may be able to join the NSM afterall. Turns out the warmer weather has put a damper on snowmaking plans at Liberty Mountain, so the area won't be open this weekend. I may still have to show for some training, but I'm hoping that gets canceled as well. If I can make it, I'll look for you all on the water.

Jim I think I did see you guys, you were fishing some docks in pool 1 on the left hand side, I was the BassCat Sabre that was across from you on that point chucking a crankbait to no avial!!:lol:

I'll have a back seater with me. I am still planning on bringing the hot dogs and buns, if you need me to bring some thing else or if we change things up let me know.

Steve

Hey guys I have Bill a buddy from work that will be with me. We have the hamburegers and buns. Will depart the Rt17 commuter lot 0540ish. Then onto the other Bills to see you all!

Gunny - that was us! We were using jerk baits and pulling in dinks (okay, ssullivan1 was!). I think we saw you too - white/red Basscat. I remember saying to ssullivan1 "purty boat, not many Basscat's around!".

See ya all on Saturday morning! We will do late lunch / dinner at the house late afternoon!

Bill

I'm sorry I can't be there guys.. You would think that I could be there at least once a year wouldn't you? But there were physical problems on my side here and it seems, though I didn't know what they were, I didn't know about that could have been cleared up had I enough notice before hand!

I have good thoughts for all of you to have a great time!!!! One of my last choices to meet CIII darn it!

I'll miss seeing Bill and his wife and also that spoiled Jack Russell that's a trip..

I'll miss seeing you all...Have a GREAT time and be CAREFUL...

Uncle Billy

I am still a go. Left a message for KB...no reply, offered a backseat to Hutch, he's got family in from PA, Eric is still a "maybe". Looks like I'm gonna hafta whip y'all by myself!!LOL!!! I have some new parts to put on the boat and it's just too darn cold!! I have a new warning horn and fuel/water seperator. I can get about 1/2 of the boat in the garage with all of the crap in there. I might try to work on it, then again nothing too important so I might hold off.

TOXIC

Well nuts UB! Almost man! Almost!!!!

Hammer, be careful and do nto break something else while fixing the stuff! Careful man!!!!

Update: MikeC is gonna fish with me. He's got a messed up shoulder and I thought it would be better if he didn't load/unload his rig. Now y'all are in real trouble!!:lol:

TOXIC

You guys are just lucky Uncle Billy and I can't come down and take your money. LOL

The best of luck to all and have fun.

BF

Yes they are Bruce!:rolleyes: How's your Dad doing by the way??

Good grief, I just looked at some of what I wrote at 4:32 this morning and under the influence of certain things the Doctor gave me...I can't even read it myself.:eek::lol::lol:

My darn back is sore as can be. You know how gentle surgeons are.:wacko: Other than that I feel okay but it's way too early to know if any long term good will come from what they did?

Is anyone going to be there Saturday that has room for a rear seater? That's just for my own knowledge in case there's a miracle and I'm up early and feel like going for a drive..;) Just a thought.:rolleyes: I just really hate missing this Memorial and am trying to keep a foot in the door.:(

Uncle Billy

Mom and Pop are both back home now and Thank You for asking. Rehab is tough as you know. Missing the NSM this year also means we have to buy our LAKEANNNACONNECTIONS.COM calenders this year...LOL

BF

Rats, I forgot about the calendar thing Bruce..Do you think we might just be able to beg and get a couple??

Glad to hear there seems to be some progress, parent wise! Yes I know rehab is tough. When I first saw that word you wrote I ran screaming from the room.:blink::wacko::eek:

Uncle Billy

The calendars are being delivered today (Friday). We have to separate them all and them put the 14 cards together (and in proper order - doh) and then put them in the calendar cases. Don't know if we will get them done for Saturday but will try. Bruce and UB please send me your mailing address and I will send them off to you.

The theme this year is Pets of Lake Anna. Pics are various poses around the water with residents animals. Some really cute ones!

See everybody on Saturday morning!

What the heck is a stump carp??????

Boat is all set. Cleaned up, gear is stowed, all rigs are retied and new line if it was needed.

All I need to do now is get a full bag od gas and then I am set!

Gas here is 1.59 for regular.

Back