Holiday weekend - Who's fishing where??

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrepMan

Reaction score
OK for most of us there is a 3 day weekend comming up, for some like BOB G 5 days (you slug :), so where, when and for what are you fishing??

I'm going Friday afternoon for bluegills with my boys (Lake Allatoona), Saturday evening livebait for stripers (Lake Lanier), and Sun or Mon AM for Bass (haven't decided the lake yet).

And you??

Saturday - BASS

Sunday - BASS

Monday - BASS

Tuesday - BASS

all local lakes

az

yup, champlain, bassus on Sat and Sun, then going to a festival with my boy on Monday, cause my wife says I have to! I need to convince Cody that he'd rather go fishing, and then we can get out of it!

Doug, what are your plans on Sunday? I have no rider right now. Whataya say? It might rain though. I don't care if you don't. The only thing that keeps me off the water other than my wife, is thunderbolts! Call me or e-mail.

Go get 'em Steve. I expect a full update on the following Monday morning with pics! And a play by play until the final shot.

Thinking about hitting a TINY lake here in central KY... It's under 200 acres, but they say it's developed a good population of TROPHY Largemouth, due to the lack of fishing interest.. What's normally a curse might be a blessing this weekend, too: trolling motor only!! It might be the only lake around that doesn't get beat flat out to death! :)

St. Clair on Friday with the almighty Marke Cicero, who should be here in about an hour.

Then to my place up-north to scout out some hunting areas.

Scott, watch Greg's AMAZING fishfinder capabilities. He can find fish when even on demo mode! Share the story with the group Greg! LOL

Terry - You serious?? That for fishing, hunting, work, vacation or just the ULTIMATE Road Trip!!! End of Aug (tomorrow) or Sept??

Rob, If what you say is true, I just may have to let HIM take the front deck!

Uh, Scott - on that boat, I think the more appropriate comment would be "If I can find him, i'll invite him to join me on the front deck!" If not just call his cell phone and tell him to come on down!!

Man, I still can't IMAGINE a 20ft Bass Boat and Scott driving! Jealousy rears it's ugly head!!!

Michael, Greg will verify this for you - I DO have to use a booster cushion to reach the steering wheel!

Wherever it is....I'll probably be off the lake by noon...they'll be way too many idiots out this weekend!

TEE

with you there TEE! Thinking of hitting the river for trout on Monday instead of the lake, no Skiboats, JetSkis, cruisers and/or race boats.

Bell Cow Lake near Chandler OK. 1100 acres w/florida bass. lake record 12.3lbs. I hope to lower the water level a foot after raising the level a foot when I put me boat in! Maybe catch a few catfish for that rally coming up in april so that trep will let me try one of them home brews.

james d.

Hey Trep,

You are mistaken grasshoppa!! I have off Thursday and Friday. Have to work Sat (extra day) and Sun and "on call" Monday, then back at it Tuesday thru Friday. I did fish today on CHAMPLAIN!! And I might fish again tomorrow on CHAMPLAIN!! Good luck everyone.

Bob G.

Off today, and through Monday. No fishing today.

Tomorrow, Mt. Island lake near Charlotte. LM.

Sat/Sun/Mon

Plans are not definitive. If we go, it will be early to avoid the crazies on the last weekend of the summer. Can't go to Wylie (local home lake), as it will officially be 'closed' at 6:00AM tomorrow morning.

Have a great weekend.

Bob G.

I will give you a call while I am up at Champlain and see if we can hook up and go hunting for champ.

Ohio River Saturday for Bass

Cave Run Sunday for Bass

Someplace Monday for Bass

Bear

Friday evening the lower potomac for bluefish and rockfish

sat middle potomac for bass

sunday upper potomac for smallmouth

monday i will clean the boat!

Trep, well it's a vacation for my wife and I. But she told me if I didn't go fishing in different places in Alaska, that I would regret it for the rest of my life. So I think alittle haibut and salmon down toward Seward and Homer and some grayling in the interior. I tell ya she a wonderful women. Hope everyone has a great labor day weekend and a safe one too.

Saturday on Erie western basin and maybe Sunday as well if not St Clair...

Rob,

Thanks Buddy(?)...I'll share that one after the furor over the dead deer dies off...in a year or two...

Me and the son for our weekend away from the girls are going camping in northern Wisconsin targeting muskies.

Jerrfy - How old is your boy? I've been wondering (being the son of a great INDOORSman, what a good age to take them camping overnight is?

FYI... My weekend is over tonight!! I did get the chance to fish Champlain Thursday and Friday. Did ok Thursday, Friday was too sunny and calm. Was able to run WOT up and down the lake anyways.

Trep, anytime after kids are born is a good chance to expose them to the great outdoors. Don't wait until they are teenagers and wonder what went wrong!!

DISCLAIMER: If my kids turn out "bad", it is not my fault as I have spent quality time doing wholesome activities with them since day one!

Bob G.

Bob - I just got introduced to the "great outdoors of fishing" by my father-in-law at the tender age of 25!

Day 1 results - Fished with the whole family from 3pm - 6pm, over a dozen good sized bluegill/sunfish. Beka LOVED the weather, 79 and overcast! Boys had a great time especialy when the fish "pulled back"!

Day 2 - I'm going out with the boys to convert the Pro Crappie into the ULTIMATE Pro Striper boat!!! Off to the lake 4pm - afterdark with a friend for Stripers!!

Hope everyone has a GREAT weekend and lots of FISH!

Bob - I just got introduced to the "great outdoors of fishing" by my father-in-law at the tender age of 25!

Day 1 results - Fished with the whole family from 3pm - 6pm, over a dozen good sized bluegill/sunfish. Beka LOVED the weather, 79 and overcast! Boys had a great time especialy when the fish "pulled back"!

Day 2 - I'm going out with the boys to convert the Pro Crappie into the ULTIMATE Pro Striper boat!!! Off to the lake 4pm - afterdark with a friend for Stripers!!

Hope everyone has a GREAT weekend and lots of FISH!