Evinrude 150 trouble

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Terry Rittenhouse

Reaction score
I have a 92 Evinrude/Nitro 150. Model #TE150GLENC Serial #G03016105. Took the boat out for the first time this season last Saturday, ran good until late in the afternoon. It started to miss when shutting down to idle to the ramp. Would not power up on the trailer. Had a tournament the next day at a local small lake and decided to go, figured I could fish close if boat acted up. Launched the boat and boat again ran fine, two runs around the lake before take-off. Later in the afternoon, made a short run across the lake and could hear what sounded like a miss on shutdown. Fished a short while, decided to move and motor would start and idled very rough. Try to give it fuel, it would instantly die. Once again would not power up from the rough idle. Would always start right back up. I am thinking fuel starvation. Checked primer bulb, it was spongy but not collapsed. Went ahead and trailered the boat early. I haven't had time to take it out again.

My plan of attack on my level is to replace the primer bulb and fuel line, fuel filter, and install new plugs. Anything else I can try? Am I on the right track? Any help or opinions are appreciated. Bob B, I know you bleed black, but I highly value your input.

Thanks to all in advance.

I know I bleed black, but since your motor is charcoal, we will give it a go. Start with the basics.... Fuel quality and delivery, then the electrical system. We can bypass compression because of your description of the problem. Weak links on that motor, VRO and the coil pak. Since it seems to be a problem after some run time and when it reaches temp.... I would look to the ignition system. Does the key switch still have solid detents or is it getting vague? If so change it. Go ahead and replace the fuel line and primer bulb, can't hurt. Run it off a portable tank to be sure there aren't any probs with your on board tank.

When the problem starts to occur, actuate the choke and see if it changes anything. If iit picks up rpm, there is a fuel deprivation.

My bet, electrical. Keep us informed. ;)

Latest posts

Back