Here's What We Did Today

• Thread starter Scott Hammer TOXIC [IMG]http://www.zjstech.net/~l
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Hammer TOXIC

Reaction score
We had a BLAST....did we catch any fish...nope but we had a great time. The folks on this board are the best. That's David dropping his tin in.....see, we let tin in on the fun, JR Goodman the Marine Manager at BPS Hampton next to him, Carlos also and Bill out getting ready to blast off. We cooked out after and enjoyed each others company for a while. What a group!!

TOXIC
IMG0043.JPG

You lucky DOG!!! im still all iced in up here and im itching to go. It was like 55 degrees here and i washed and waxed my truck so at least i was able to get outside.

Ill be going fishing tommrow..on the ice that is. Im so jealous Tox.

T.S.

I was going to go do some catch-and-release fishing at one of the trout parks tomorrow..... But..... It looks like it's going to be raining here..... And Laurie asked for some help with a couple of leaks in her bathroom plumbing..... Oh well, the real warm weather will be here in no time.....

yeah yeah....what ever

You know how bad my fever was today? I actually put ALL of my tackle in a bag and weighed it....LOL Sadly it was only 27 lbs 9oz. I need to go shopping.

JR,

I used to do a lot of fishing on Salamonie a while back, summers of 82-89 I think. How is the fishing there these days? We crappie fished back then mostly but caught a lot of bass too. Is there still a bunch of standing timber?

Corey

David, Where did you go!!! And thanks for the STUFF. It looks like i may be back this Sat. if my boat is ready! Thanks to ALL for a great Day. Scott was nice enough to run my butt all over the lake. Still didn't let out any secrets!! Must be a Guide thing!! See ya..... KB

Man oh man - Toxic neglected to tell you all that we froze our A$$es off! I was freezing. Sorry to bug out. My buddy is a poster child for "Whipped" magazine and had to go home early. That and the fact that we were not truely prepared for that cold of weather. I hung around till about 1:20 and had no idea when you guys would be back and I had to go take care of some stuff at the house..... so I hope to get together again when it is WARMER!! It was great to meet all of you even for such a short time!

david.....

This picture is I believe of Bill.... providing it was you who was fishing near the mouth of Sturgeon Creek about 12:40.
2004_0228_130139AA.JPG

and one of the gus in their boat... who is that masked man??

2004_0228_081516AA.JPG

David - I didn't think that it was cold. Shoulda been with us back in November when it was really cold and winds whipping to 40 mph. That was a cold day. But....we caught fish that day.

Tox may not put us on them but I always do. LOL

It was a great day. Lot's of fishing, but unfortunately no catching. We'll be out again soon. Maybe we need the hot side again and try Toxic's method to catch them in the canal. I will try that as soon as I get back out and will let you know how it works. If it works we'll post our method on a future link. (ha ha).

Food was great and I hope the beans didn't do anybody in last nilght or this morning. Company was even better. Remember the family outing this summer.

Thanks for all the pictures. I had my digital in the boat but was so busy boating all the toads that I didn't have time to take any pictures (yeah, right!)

Sixty-five here today and a gorgeous day. Can't go out since the kids are down for my son's birthday dinner so now I slave over the grill.

Thanks again guys, it was a real pleasure.

Bill,

You are making me sound like the woose (sp?) that I am. I guess I'm just not a cold weather fisherman. Anyway, here's a picture of what I was up to after I left that afternoon. I have been splitting a bit of wood left over from Isabel.

Can't wait to get together again with you'all.

dvid....
2004_0229_144743AA.JPG

Argh! You're killin' me here! Still need a lot more of this warm weather to ice-out here. Hmmm, unless I can get the Tracker to fit in one of these....
IceHole.jpg

Man, that was FUN!!!!!! Weather was nto as bad in Novemeber, you are right there Bill!!!!!

Fishing was fun, the Carlos baot tow service was fun and the getting out of the house was fun!!!!!

Took a few pics. Soem of th eones I took did not turn out well due to bad positioning on my part witht he light....

Here is one of the boat trailers where we parked, after launch. JR from Hampton truck, Bill truck and Tox truck.
IM000684.JPG

And here is one where were had the cookout.

Bill, the beans were awsome on the good burgers thta KB srought!!

You all are a good bunch and I am fortunite to have fishing buddies like you.

Carlos
IM000686.JPG

Carlos,

So that was you towing the boat back. I wasn't sure, but now it is confirmed. Nice guy. It looked so weird because we couldn't see the tow rope, but suddenly we noticed that the cowling was off the other guy's motor and it was tilted out of the water part way. Duh - I am so observant! LOL.

Nice pics too!

david....

Let me just say those beans were KILLER!! LOL

Looks like our next outing will have to be to the hot side. Anna is funny, it stays totally shut down till the water reaches a certain temp then it's "Katy bar the door" for about 2 weeks, then you move into sight fishing, then summer patterns. It is a very small window for the pre-spawn. If I had it to do over we would have used spoons in deep water. I have shows to do the next 2 weekends and another at a retail store that shall remain nameless but if we don't get some warmer days you can forget the cold side for catching. Carlos needs to keep tabs on the Potomac also, it usually turns on first up north here and KB on the James River which will actually be the first to turn on.

TOXIC

Toxic - are you doing the Chantilly show?

Also - A BIG thank you to Toxic and Sturgeon Creek Marina for the launch and parking passes and the use of the picnic area. Thanks guys.

I may be down in two weeks, but with all the kids as the wife will be out of town.

david.....

man looks like you guys had a great time,

it was in the lower 50's in southern NH over the weekend,

i took the winter cover off the boat, mounted my new fishfinder on the bow and spent the rest of the worshiping the boat.

Gregd

Uhhhh, David.....It's over!!!LOLOLOL..you missed it. I am going to BPS in Baltimore this Sat./Sun. and the Hampton BPS next Sat./Sun.

TOXIC

Toxic - I know you did the outdoor show a few weeks ago, I meant the up and coming boat show that will be there this month.

I like Greg's idea of worshiping the boat.

david....

Nope, I would be if I was sponsored by Mare Marine out of Aquia, but they dropped NITRO. Take a good look at Carlos' first picture showing my trailer empty see anything interesting around the back wheel...you have to look really close...yep, somebody nailed it in the parking lot. rassasffrassanaassn...I rubbed most of it out but somebody with a white car/truck or trailer has some black fiberglass on it!!

TOXIC

Back