Here are a few from this past weekend

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mini

Reaction score
Our catch and release season opened on St Clair this past weekend. Had a riot catching these prespawn smallies. Didnt hit the 500 mark due to the limited amount of water we could fish. I would guess we boated over 200 between the two days (Mac Saturday, Shram Sunday morning and the couple Sunday afternoon). The winds were 25+ w/gusts over 40 on Saturday....major front moved through, but the smallies were still biting....

First one is Brian Schram of the Shram Band. Just got back from a 3 month rock and roll tour (www.shramband.com). He is holding a skinny 5, male. Caught it on a spinnerbait.

Second one is of a good friend and her boyfriend. The fish he is holding is 4lb 10oz, female. She is holding a 2+ (didnt weigh it, it was a double header). Both fish caught on Picasso tubes.

Third one is yours truly with a nice 5 pound male caught on an XPS Rattle Shad.

schram5.JPG

IMG_0197small.JPG

mini5.JPG

Nice Fish! Wish we had that many of those brown'uns here.......but we do get to fish all yr.

J-E-A-L-O-U-S ! That one has a bigger gut than me! Sheesh, must be nice.

Whew! I thought you called me Shirley!

Mini....aren't you the company man:lol::lol: BPS hat, jacket, rod & reel:lol::lol: Going for another catalog shot?? Don't catchem all before we get there!! How'd you get all those folks on your boat:unsure:??? Nice fish nonetheless. Make sure you have your camera when we come up, I need a bunch of sponsor shots, so yes I am bringing a lot of shirts!!:lol:

TOXIC

Yes Tox. I want to get back in there. You see when that Toronto store opened, they got a ton of pics in there (cant blame em, 7 pounders are pretty common in the fall).

Next is Toledo....those little mouth Erie slobs will be all over the pages next year if Mac, Glover and I dont get to taking some pics....

Bring the shirts, but you better change quick. The name of the season is Catch and IMMEDIATE release. Cant keep em out of the water very long, and certainly cannot box em until we get back to the house.

I will have my camera and laptop.

Mini

That's what I thought.....I might just bring my tournament shirt that has all of my sponsors on it. But nothing looks better than to be co-ordinated and sponsor specific...looks like you already have that figured out. :lol:

TOXIC

Me? Naaaa. It was cold :)

To tell the truth, I had a Ranger sweatshirt on! lol

BUT it was a JLM rod, 7'6" Crankin Stick, 12 pound XPS Signature Series Mono and an XPS Rattle Shad that caught that fish. Ate it on the second turn of the reel handle....

I LOVE SMALLIES!

Man, Mini you are killin me man!!!! OOOUUCCHHHHHH I can not wait!

Looks like we will have to be quick on the camera to avoid the ticket....Sure is weird to see you with a castign rig....you guys are usually on the spinning, right?

7 poundser are frikin common?? thats scary....

new reel I ordered with my Holiday Inn points came in today, so need to spool that up and get it ready for the action up North! Have to break it in on Friday down here though!

Carlos

CIII,

Do Not, ......Let me repeat,....... DO NOT damage the Monkey Boat!!:lol::lol: Otherwise we'll have to tow mine up there!!:p:p

TOXIC

oops I meant a JLM reel....lol

CIII, I fish mostly spinning on tubes, jerkbaits, small cranks and drop shots. I use alot of casting equipment, just not when you are around...lol

Hammer do not worry, I want you to leave ol spine crusher at the hacienda!!!!

Looking to tow the MoNkEy BoAt up there!!

Mini, HAHA No kidding, did you you gusy with the setups, but not overly use them! A rattle shad is a type of lipless, right rattletrapish?

Latest posts

Back