HELP: Problem with 2002 Bass Tracker Super Guide V16

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Allen

Reaction score
Good morning,
My bait well (fills & emptys by gravity) works great but my large live well doesn't work (will not fill). All fuses have been checked and after that I do not know what to look for. I do not have any manuals on this boat. If anyone could please tell what to look for and how to resolve this problem, it would be deeply appreciated. Thank you, Allen

Doesn't fill at all on the water or pump doesn't fill it up? If not at all, look for blockage in the plumbing. If the pump isn't running and wiring and fuses are good, check the pump for blockage in the impeller vanes or the motor may be shot and pump needs replacing. Good luck! ;)

Doesn't fill at all on the water or pump doesn't fill it up? If not at all, look for blockage in the plumbing. If the pump isn't running and wiring and fuses are good, check the pump for blockage in the impeller vanes or the motor may be shot and pump needs replacing. Good luck! ;)
Sorry, I should have made my problem more clear. When on the water my small bait live well fills & drains properly (so the motor works fine. But my large live well doesn't fill (they both fill from the same pump & switch).. I don't know the layout of the tubing/and or configuration under the decking (as I do not have a manual for the boat).. Wished I did!!!!

Sorry, I should have made my problem more clear. When on the water my small bait live well fills & drains properly (so the motor works fine. But my large live well doesn't fill (they both fill from the same pump & switch).. I don't know the layout of the tubing/and or configuration under the decking (as I do not have a manual for the boat).. Wished I did!!!!

If I remember correctly, that model utilizes a PVC stand pipe to hold water in the large tank. It is a male grommeted fitting that pushes into the female drain. Is the problem that the water comes in and runs right out? Also, the manual is EXTREMELY generic and nothing like an auto owner's manual. More of a pamphlet that covers multiple models and basic operations.

Another way is to Goggle live well diagrams. The last time I did that it showed a large number of different layouts. Good luck.

cq

If I remember correctly, that model utilizes a PVC stand pipe to hold water in the large tank. It is a male grommeted fitting that pushes into the female drain. Is the problem that the water comes in and runs right out? Also, the manual is EXTREMELY generic and nothing like an auto owner's manual. More of a pamphlet that covers multiple models and basic operations.

Hi Dan,
Yes your correct that this model has a PVC standpipe. My problem is that I get no water flow to the large live well (same electrical switch for both tanks) but the large well doesn't attempt to fill at all, but the bait well fills just fine an does (which sits higher than the large well) but large well does nothing!!! Thanks Allen

In the driveway, you could have someone hold a shopvac hose on to the inlet screen, and use a feather, or the smoke from a cig to see if there is any suction a the livewell spray head. In the water, with the pump on, try to block the spray head for the baitwell, and see if that forces water to the livewell. Just something else to try before tearing anything apart. Has it worked correctly in the past?

In addition to the great suggestions above, try to unscrew the spray head and check for blockage. A shot of compressed air back through there can help also.

Latest posts

Back